Bet

The shock collar sat heavy in Sapnaps hands.

"Dude why'd you give this to me?" He asked curiously.

Dream looped his thumbs through the belt loops on his jeans and rocked back on his heels.

"You said that time that it 'wasn't that bad' and that you'd wear it around your neck." He looked over at Sapnap, "I'm just giving you the opportunity to prove yourself."

Sapnap shrugged and lifted the collar to his neck, shivering as the cold metal plate brushed his skin. Dream walked behind sapnap and took the ends of the collar from his hands.

"Here, let me."

Shivering at the feeling of hands on his neck, Sapnap closed his eyes and almost leaned into the touch before quickly snapping back to reality. Luckily Dream didn't seem to notice and the collar had been clipped on. Dream goes to leave the room but upon reaching the door frame he turns and moves his gaze to Sapnap.

"By the way, I've rewired and programmed it so that it shocks you more when you die than attack damage." He smirks and turns to leave, "Have fun."

Rolling his eyes and standing up, Sapnap walks over to his computer. He sits and boots up the PC, A ding on his phone alerting him to a message on discord from Dream. 'Get online loser'. 'Wow. very mature dream.' Sapnap thinks to himself.

As he logs in, he tugs at the collar. Was it his imagination or did Dream's hand linger a little too long on his skin? Shaking his head, he joins a world with Dream. He also joins a discord call that's been ringing while he logged in.

"Hey dude." He greets nonchalantly.

"You wanna test out the collar?" Dream asks.

"Nah I'm not a coward like you dude." Sapnap scoffs.

Laughing at Sapnap, Dream says "If you're sure..."

Sapnap rolls his eyes and cockily answers, "Yeah I'll be fine."

Two hours of playing pass and the sun is starting to set outside. Sapnap still hasn't taken any damage or died and Dream is getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

"How are you STILL on full health?" Dream asks, incredulous.

Sapnap lets out a breathy laugh, "I guess I'm just better than you Dream."

Groaning in response, Dream regrets agreeing to not attack Sapnap. Suddenly, an idea springs into Dream's mind.

"Hey I might've not turned the collar on, could you check? There's a switch at the back of the collar that should be switched to the left."

Sapnap rolls his eyes, "Fine, I'll check but this is definitely you making up excuses for being worse at minecraft than me."

Regardless, Sapnap reaches behind him to feel the collar and closes his eyes to concentrate on the task. As soon as Dream sees Sapnaps eyes off the screen he pulls out his bow and shoots Sapnap, hoping to play it off as a skeleton. Just as sapnaps hands brush the switch, He feels a jolt of electricity run down his spine, and involuntarily lets out a high pitched moan which he tries in vain to cover with a half-assed yell. Sapnap's mind is on fire. What the fuck. Why the fuck did he just do that. He knows Dream heard but why isn't he saying anything? Maybe Dream didn't hear it after all...

Sapnaps breaks the silence, "Dude why'd you shoot me?"

Dream snaps back to reality, "It was a skeleton I swear."

"Yeah sure." Sapnap scoffs.

They go back to playing but Dream's thoughts are a million miles away.