Chapter Four - Sister's Got Ya Back

Start bij het begin

It took all of Jill's willpower to not bolt then and there, and search all over Raccoon for her -broadcast be damned, but the look on Tyrell's face stopped her. "You know Carlos knows something. Where is he?"

Tyrell rubbed the back of his neck, silent for a moment too long and causing Jill's blood to boil under the surface. She was just about to march up to him and shake him until he told her, when he let loose a long sigh and finally looked her in the eye. "He went underground. Bard stockpiled the vaccine, enough to give the city some hope. He -he said you were mumbling while you were out cold, saying your lil' sis was hurt by that huge motherfucker? He reckons she's infected too -wants to get the cure for her as well, and find her before it's too late...Ah damn, he said there were another set of footprints deliberately left where he found you, and they're definitely not yours or your sister's. Looks like whoever they were, they took her, and they were headed towards this place. He's gone after them." All at once her anger dissipated, and worry once again took its place. God, she was going to be grey in no time with constantly worrying about one thing or the other!

"I'm going after him. I can't let him take responsibility for her when I was the one that let her down. I promised her I wouldn't let anything happen to her." Jill took swift strides towards another set of doors leading to the back, before Tyrell stopped her with disbelief in his voice.

"Wait! Did you see the broadcast? They're gonna blow the city sky high! I'm trying to get a hold of someone, anyone with clearance to stop it. Leave this to him. He's a professional." A small snort left her, though she was far from amused. Whoever took her little sister was going to pay.

"So am I. And I'm not leaving Lia. We don't know if whoever took her is friend or foe, but she'll get herself into a shitload of trouble trying to get away and probably even try and look for the vaccine herself. She was listening in on your conversation back in the subway, afterall. She's a fucking smart kid when she puts the effort in." She'd turned and strode off, not missing the "what the..?" mumble from the male, making her lips quirk in a smirk. Her little sister was definitely smart. A troublemaking pain in the ass who ditched school more often than not and gave her enough attitude for a lifetime, but her grades were always somehow the top of the class. She just hoped she was okay, for she didn't feel as confident as her words sounded...

"I'm coming, sis."

x-ResidentEvil-x

My own screaming snapped me awake, and agonising pain rippled along my back and chest, setting my veins alight in a horrid mix of hellfire and ice. It was all too much as I turned from my side, spilling my stomach's contents onto the ground; bile mixed with blood.

"Ah, she awakens. Sweet dreams, little Valentine?" I was shivering and sweating all at once when I slowly brought my groggy eyes up to see Nicholai the shitbird grinning down at me, arms folded across his chest and leaning casually against a control panel. "Or maybe not, eh? By the way, how does it feel; you know, the virus, when it's flowing through your bloodstream?" My head felt like a jumbled mess and I was in so much pain, my breathing laboured and lungs feeling like they were going to combust -but still, if I had even an ounce of energy, I would've used it to smack that smirk off of his irritating, scumbag face. Though his words still managed to strike something in me, my eyes widening while I struggled to push myself back up and away from the stench of my vomit, more blood than anything. Virus. So, I did get infected by that creature chasing my sister down... Jill... She got hurt, and from what I remember, that thing infected her, too...

"Wh..ere's... my si..ster...shit...bird..." He was leaning forward to hear my strained words, but threw his head back in a laugh that hurt my ears and made my head spin in sync with my nauseous stomach.