01

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀,

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙-𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In a heartbeat, you bolted after the villain. Chaos broke out as the villain used his quirk to shatter the concrete of the road. You persisted, dodging or blocking the ruble in your path. The villain turned around and run. You weren't going to let him get away that easily. You stepped your foot onto the hood of a car before hurdling over it swiftly. You saw the villain use his quirk again, but this time to take out the support-beams of a large building.

The heroes who were helping you aided the people around the, thankfully, empty building. You could see the villain a little way down the road, but when you glanced back at the collapsing building you saw there was a little girl with her leg stuck. The building was going to fall right on top of her. Without hesitating, you ran to her side, leaving the villain to either get away or to be chased by one of the other heroes. You could see her tear-stained face was in pain as she tried to move the chunk of building off her leg.

"Can you move?" You asked, knowing it was a matter of seconds before the building fell.

"No!" She cried out in pain. You used your quirk which gave you enhanced strength to move the rubble off of her little leg. It was hard to get a good grip, but you moved it out of the way just in time. You took your shield and held it over your head as you pulled the little girl into your chest and wrapped an arm tightly around her. You crouched down, using yourself to protect her in case the shield couldn't. The building collapsed moments after you hugged her close.

The rubble that didn't crash against your shield fall down around you harshly. You planted your feet into the ground to keep yourself steady. If it wasn't for the upgraded shield you had just gotten the other day, protecting that girl would have been a lot harder. Thanks, Hatsume, you're a real lifesaver.

After the commotion had stopped for a few moments, you pushed the shield away, making sure any pieces of the building were far from the little girl. You shifted to a standing position, bringing the girl up and holding her with one arm while placing your shield onto its holster on your back. You moved some of the rubble away so you could get out safely. You carried the girl over to the EMTs where they could help with her no doubt broken leg.