🖤 Shirogane × Yukisada (Aftercare) 🖤

Start from the beginning

A faint, weak smile went across my bleeding lips.

Certainly, I couldn't react that way each and every time from now on. Still, sometimes was enough. Was more than enough.

Each part of my body hurted madly, but with this newfound strength I tried to get up on my feet. I almost fell down - and yet, I was soon able to start walking and go towards the village.

I met Yukisada soon after.

I could tell from his face that he was worried, if not scared: <<Finally, Shiro! I was looking for you! What happened? Idate...?>>.

I simply nodded.

<<You're crazy if you thought you could go to the village all by yourself! You're too badly wounded! I'll help you>>.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, lifting me up.

Deep down, I wanted to make him stop - I wanted to say that I didn't need his help, that I wasn't the pathetic wolf everybody thought I was - and yet, I finally allowed him to do it.

💥💥

Soon enough, we were at his home, in the little sort of sickbay.

He let me took a sit on the bed.

<<Lay down now... I'm coming back in a moment>>.

But I didn't want to lay down.

It reminded me of the times in which he pampered me in that same way, tending to my wounds, comforting me, listening to me sobbing for hours on end.

I realized where we went wrong all along.

He was too nice to me.

I didn't deserve such care and attention. I needed a bit of tough love, I needed to learn to handle my problems on my own, without relying on him.

After all, it looked like Rocma had always been right.

What an idiot...

That's why Idate was able to mess me up so easily.

But it won't happen again, I told myself. It won't happen again. I won't cry anymore.

Such words ran through my brain like a broken record - at least until Yukisada came back and brought me back to reality.

He had a first-aid kit in his arms.

<<I'm back! Sorry for keeping you waiting>>.

<<I don't need your help, Yukisada>>.

The owl froze, staring at me for a few seconds.

He then spoke up: <<What do you mean, Shiro? Of course you need it... just look how badly wounded you are...>>.

<<No>> I insisted: <<It's just a hit or two. He did me worse. They'll heal by themselves>>.

<<What are you even talking about?>>.

<<This pain will teach me a lesson, for once>> I stated.

Yuki sighed, as he took a sit next to me. He gently placed his hand upon my shoulder.

<<You're being swayed by Rocma's words, aren't you?>>.

<<No. These are my words alone>>.

It was obvious I was lying.

<<It's obvious you're lying>> Yuki smiled: <<I know you too well, Shiro. What's up?>>.

<<The usual, Yuki. I need to be stronger. If you babysit me this way I'll never learn>>.

The owl looked puzzled: <<...Babysit?>>.

<<Exactly. You need to stop spoiling me, or I'll be a crybaby for the rest of my days. I need to toughen up and stop crying. This is it>>.

<<But, Shiro, let me at least tend to your injuries... what if you have a broken bone? You can't leave it that way>>.

<<I definitely can. You just have to not do it. Just stop with this attitude, please>>.

A sad shadow fell over his eyes.

<<It hurts, Shiro>> he said: <<Is my affection really that worthless to you?>>.

<<No, it isn't. But...>>.

<<Enough - you don't need to be stronger. Don't listen to them. You're perfect just the way you are!>> Yukisada cried.

Only then did I turn to look him in the eye.

<<You're perfect just the way you are>> he repeated.

<<That's not true>> I whispered, as I felt my heart shrink painfully in my chest: <<That's not true, the truth is that I'm no good. I need to be more than this. At the very least, I should be less pathetic, don't you think? Who I am is no good at all>>.

Yuki placed his hands upon my shoulders, his touch being gentle and soft as usual: <<No, Shiro. You're good enough. It's not pathetic to cry, it just means you're expressing what you're truly feeling, as you have a right to do. Other people are wrong when they say otherwise. Trust me, Shiro>>.

I was looking down.

<<Trust me, Shiro, I'm begging you>> he insisted.

<<But...>>.

<<Shiro. I... I love you just the way you are. I don't want you to be any different>>.

I could feel my eyes watering.

<<I love you, and I love your sensitive side, too. I wouldn't truly love you otherwise, don't you think?>>.

Tears started to stream down my cheeks.

I hugged him, nodding.

The feeling of his warm body next to mine... his soft hands caressing my head...

I missed all of this so much.

I cried and cried, pouring my heart out to him, sobbing.

This was no usual weeping. It was comforting, as if a weight went off my shoulders. I felt safe and loved, regardless of those tears. Or maybe even thanks to them.

<<Ssh... my dear Shiro...>> I heard him whisper, as he held me tighter.

No matter how much noise I made as I sniffled, no matter that I was soaking his yukata with my tears. That didn't stop him from hugging me and comforting me.

I felt so lucky.

<<Hey, Shiro?>> he then murmured.

<<...What is it, Yuki?>>.

<<Do you want some hot cocoa?>>.

I nodded, smiling.

<<Let's tend to your wounds first, okay?>>.

<<Okay...>>.

He beamed, looking at me with his soft gaze. Then, he placed a kiss on my forehead.

In that moment, I knew with full certainty that he was my safe harbor.

No matter what was going to happen, Yuki would always be right there by my side.

My heart grew warmer again.

I felt grateful like I haven't felt in a long time.

💥💥

A/N

Hey there! I hope yall liked it! I may write also the other suggestions when I have more time to! 😘😘
Thank you again for your request!