Chapter 2

Zail's POV

"Stop, please. Enough of this!" she warned and motioned to stop them.

"You should go back there and spend your time with that concubine of yours," she shouted loudly, full of rage. She can't hold back her emotions. She cried while shouting, this hurts her too much.

"You're mistaken, listen to me." he protested, trying to explain.

" Please, that's enough. Zail might wake up. Talk calmly, please. I can't bear to hear all of these. She might hear both of you. Please.... please." she pleaded.

I suddenly woke up with tears falling instantly in my cheeks. I turned on my lamp on the bedside table and stood up to wipe my tears.

I decided to open the blinds and let the city lights calm myself. I felt sensitive and tend to be emotional because of these. I can't help it.

When these things happened to me, I found the city lights calming. It gives me healing and comfort since I'm alone.

After all these things, when book signing or any meetings, gathering, or whatsoever will end. I should find myself and relax my inner senses. I should spend time with myself.

As I said those in mind, I drifted slowly to sleep, trying to forget the memories that haunted me now and then.

Javen's POV

"Good morning, Sir." I heard someone greeted me outside my bedroom, probably the driver.

"Sir, the car is ready," the driver informed.

"I'll be ready, wait outside," I replied lazily in a husky voice.

I did the things I needed to do and went down. I saw the food on the dining table, it is not appetizing. I ignored it and tell the maids, I won't eat, and slammed the door as I walk out.
I walked calmly and sat in the backseat of the car.

The driver maneuvered the car and I arrived at my company.

I was greeted by the personnel and guards.

"Good morning, Sir."

"Good morning, Mr. Tynn."

"Have a nice day, Sir."

I never dared to reply, they say the same thing, over and over. I'm not obliged to answer though.

"What's my schedule today?" I asked my male secretary.

"There will be a job interview for new interns, it will be starting in an hour, Sir," he replied thoroughly.

"Aside from that, hindi po kayo kasali sa interview but you are going to meet the two qualified applicants for the final interview." he seconded.

" At this rate po, you have 4 meetings; 1 conference meeting, 2 lunch meetings, and 1 meeting with the finance team. That's all, Sir," he added.

I nodded and motioned to take his leave.

I stood up and went to the conference room, I guess this is about the overseas business trip.

As I entered the conference room, they greeted me with a bow and I motioned the speaker to start. I don't want to waste time, time is important for a busy man like me.

I already finished one lunch meeting and I'm about to meet my guest.

I'm the one driving the car because I presume this is a private matter. Well, I drove my way to the nearest restaurant, since we agreed to meet here.

I arrived at the place and I opened the door. I was greeted by a voice.

"Good afternoon, sir. Welcome to Loyola's Restaurant. Do you have any reservations?" the waiter greeted and asked.

"Yes, under Javen Tynn. An hour ago." I replied briefly.

"This way, sir." he motioned and walked to the secluded area.

I quietly followed and sat there. I waited.

Its already passed 12:50 PM, the guest is not yet around. I looked like a fool.

This is over and I felt disappointed because I waited for nothing. I decided to take my leave. I stormed out from the restaurant to the company building.

Zail's POV

Nalate ako nang gising kaya nagmamadali akong pumunta sa shower. I hate rushing things but I'm always late. Is this just me?

These days, I find myself losing interest and I always felt tired. But, I should not go with it.

Today, I have a lunch meeting for promoting my book and I'm running late, as I've said. Well, I should not. Even though, I already had my own book. I need more influence to gain more readers.

I wanted to convey emotions by letting them read my story.

I went outside to grabbed some coffee and drove my way to our planned place. It is stated in the invitation, I received. There will a lunch meeting to discuss things and the actual book signing abroad.

I hope this will turn out well but I don't think so. I'm about to meet the CEO but I might make a bad impression since I'm late.

I'm right! Nalate nga ako at ang mas masama ay pinaghintay ko ang may-ari ng kompanya. Nalaman kung naghintay siya nang halos isang oras.

What a good way to start my day!

Masyado akong masaya kahapon kaya nangyari ang kamalasan na ito ngayon.

I went to the nearest burger place to grabbed some food. When I'm sulking, a burger is my remedy, if you call it.

I ate and called my friend to come over.

"What's with that face, girl?" she asked in a high-pitch tone.

"I felt, I dunno," I replied hastily.

"I wanted to tease you but, you look terrible. Hahaha," she said jokingly and giggled.

"Ewan ko sa'yo! I felt dismayed, it was my opportunity but nakakapanghinayang, bakit ganoon, sobrang kamalasan na ang naranasan ko." I ranted, feeling torn inside.

"Hey, you can go abroad if you want and just enjoy there to unwind. You can find new inspirations or anything. You are stressing yourself too much, girl." she suggested.

I find it nice. Why not? I can breathe international air. Just kidding. But I can relax and find myself. I guess this is the perfect time to have time for myself.

" That's a good idea. I know, you are always there for me." I agreed happily.