Chapter 1

My friend Kyle punched my arm and nodded at me. “Dude, let’s play a game.”

        “What?” I asked, sipping at my beer.

        “Let’s see who can get more numbers by one.”

        I glanced around, the club was full of people. How in the world would l go about it? How would he do it? The bar was full and so was the dance floor. “Just the bar or the whole club?”

        “Whole club, duh.” He smiled and nodded as a girl came over and ordered a cocktail. “Time starts now.”

        “Bring it.”

                              ~Two hours later - 12:30am ~

        After two hours I’d gotten lots of numbers and I’d danced my ass off for a lot of them. Girls weren’t nearly as easy as people portrayed them to be. I glanced at my phone, only half an hour left. I looked to the bar and saw Kyle trying to get a number from two girls seated at a small table a short distance away from the bar. The blonde he was talking to look slightly interested in him. It was like she was flirting but trying to play hard to get or something. She was pretty: blonde hair, blue eyes, clear and tan skin, full lips and a rockin’ body. She was wearing a small tight black dress. He’d certainly found himself a catch.

        Next to her though sat a girl who looked completely uninterested in Kyle. In fact, she looked amused at his attempts. Like she knew for a fact it wasn’t going to happen. She had dark brown hair it, tied up in a very messy bun. She was wearing a black pair of skinny jeans, a baggy sweatshirt, warn-in flip-flops and a pair of large rimmed glasses. She had gorgeous blue eyes. She was gorgeous. She also clearly didn’t want to be at the club. It was obvious by her attire.

        I watched as she rolled her eyes then said something to Kyle. I chose to walk over then. Kyle’s eyes widened slightly, “What?” 

        The brown haired girl motion towards her friend, “She is not into you.” She said this slowly, like she was talking to a child. He looked confused, still not quite understanding why. I watched the two girls exchange a look and then the brown haired girl held up two fingers. The blonde nodded.

        The blonde smiled sweetly at Kyle, “I’m sorry Kyle. It seems like you don’t understand.” She grabbed the brown haired girls hand and intertwined their fingers, “I’m with her.”

        Kyle’s jaw dropped but he quickly composed himself, “You don’t like me enough to pretend you’re with your friend.”

        The blonde smiled woefully, it was a good fake, “I’m not lying. We can prove it if you like.”

        “Yes please.” Kyle said, in his usual perverted manor. The two girls exchange a glance that covered a whole conversation. The brown haired girl put her hand behind the others neck and pulled their lips together. Kyle, liking what he was seeing but also very embarrassed, left to the bar.

        The girls separated, immediately laughing their asses off. “That was quite the show ladies.”

        Their smiles slipped from their faces and the brown haired girl glared, “Get lost perv.”

        I held my hands up, “I was here for the guy you just played. You two are very committed to your bluffs.”

        The blonde pulled out a mirror and fixed her lipstick, “How’d you know?”

        I smirked, “I just did. Now, my friend is over at the bar and you played him very well. Would you like to make it even better?”

        The blonde seemed up for it, “How?”

        I smiled widely, “Well he was trying to get your number because we were seeing who could get more. It would kill him if you two gave me your numbers. Just write down a random number and I’ll leave my phone here to prove it to him. The look on his face will be totally worth it.”

        The blonde nodded, “We’re in.” The blonde then let out a laugh loud enough to catch Kyle’s attention. I’d plastered a smile on my face and the brown haired girl was leaning forward. Like she was actually interested. The blonde smiled and reached out to grab my arm. She’d gotten out a pen and she wrote two numbers on my arm. I saw the brown haired girl give her friend a glare.

        I figured she was slightly mad about the plan. “You can keep your phone, those numbers are real. The top number is Alex’s and the bottom is mine. I’m Carly by the way.”

        “My name is Dylan. It was very nice meeting you ladies. I’m gonna go show this boy how it’s done. Watch his face.” I turned, seeing his glare made me smile.

        I walked over, ignoring his look to order another beer. I pretended to ignore him for a bit, always using the arm with the numbers to grab my drink. “Dude, why are you glaring at me?”

        “Did you bribe them?” He accused.

        I laughed, “No.”

        “Then what? They totally brushed me off. They’re together, you saw it!” He yelled, motioning to the girls. They were whispering to each other and glancing at us once in a while.

I smirked at him, “Well I guess they’re gonna be together with me.”

        He frowned, “I don’t believe you.”

        Of course he would fall for it. He always went with my little plans. “I’ll call then.” I decided to call Carly since she was more into this than Alex. I dialed the number and turned to their table.

        I watched them notice the phone with a smirk on my face. Carly looks up and winked at me. She picked up the phone, slightly bitting her lip. “You’re calling already? Isn’t there a code that says you have to leave her waiting for a couple days?”

        I chuckled slightly, “I ignored the code because I’m missin’ you already. I mean, you and Alex look so great. I just want to come over there and join you.”

        I watched as Carly made eye contact with me and then she ran a hand down her hair which lead to her boobs. “Despite the fact that we’re gorgeous, we’re a little lonely over here. Do you think you could remedy that? I can see it already. Black sheets, our clothes on the floor, all of our ski-”

        Alex suddenly interrupted to talk to Carly, “All right, you two played your game. I’m gonna go home Carly. Hope you and Dylan have fun. I’ll see you tomorrow at one.”