We Have a Winner!

🍭Esme's P.O.V 🍭

Willy and I stared at Charlie, I was smiling, Willy looked shocked.

"You mean you're the only one?" Asked Willy.

Charlie nodded. "Yes" he answered.

"What happened to the others?" Asked Willy.

Even I have to admit Willy can be a bit clueless sometimes.

Willy's face broke into a huge smile and he seized Charlie's hand, shaking it up and down with a tremendous amount of energy.

"Oh, my dear boy, that means you've won!" He said "Oh, I do congratulate you, I really do! I had a hunch it would be you, right from the beginning! Well done! Now we mustn't dilly or dally! Because  we have an enormous amount of things to do before the day is out! Luckily for us we have the great glass elevator to speed things alon--"

Willy ran straight into the elevator and I burst out laughing. I couldn't help it! That never got old!

He got up and gave me a small glare.

I stopped laughing abruptly.

He smiled at me. "...speed things along" he finished.

We went inside the elevator and Willy pushed the button labeled up and out.

"Up and out?" Asked Charlie "What kind of room is that?"

"Hold on" said Willy.

We went shooting up and I was still trying to figure out what Willy meant by 'up and out'. Since I had never been in the elevator before, I didn't know what that button was for.

"Oh my goodness" said Willy "we'll have to move a lot faster or we'll just never break through."

"Break through What?" Asked Charlie, nervously.

"I've been wanting to push that button  for years!" Willy smiled "Well, here we go! Up and out!"

My eyes widened "you mean, we're actually going to--"

"Yeah!" Said Willy, excited.

"But it's made of glass!" Said Charlie's grandpa "it'll smash into a million peices!"

Willy laughed excitedly and soon we broke through the skylight at the top of the chimney. We soared high above the clouds than we began going down.

I could hear my heart beat in my ears, I was even too terrified to scream.

Then Willy pushed another button and we began flying through the air.

I sighed in relief and tried to breathe easily again.

We swooped down and looked at the other contestants. Augustus was covered in chocolate, Violet was blue and doing flips down the stairs, Veruca was covered in trash and Mike  was now tall enough to be a basketball player!

"Where do you live?" Willy asked Charlie.

"Right over there" Charlie said "that little house."

We turned to see a house that was incredibly small and kind of lopsided.

Willy flew us right above the house and tried to park, but ended up putting us right through the roof and into the living room.

"Okay" I said "next time I drive!"

"Hi mom, dad!" Charlie said "we're back!"

He and his grandpa ran over to his parents. They stared at Willy and I, I pointed to Willy as if to say 'hey! He was driving!'

"This is Willy Wonka" he gave us a ride home" Charlie explained.

"I see that" said his mother, looking at the damage.

Mrs. Bucket eyed me closely. "And who is this?" She asked.

"That's Esme" said Charlie "she joined us on the tour."

Mrs. Bucket came closer to me, still studying me closely. "Esme?" She asked.

"Yeah" I said with a small smile "that's my name."

I was getting nervous from her staring at me. I began to play with the silver E necklace around my neck, the one I had since I arrived at the factory.

She noticed my necklace and asked "Where did you get that?"

I looked down at it. "I don't know" I answered "I've had it for as long as I could remember."

"Your name... The necklace..." breathed Mrs. Bucket "I don't believe this! Esme, we thought you were

dead!"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Mom?" Charlie asked her "are you alright?"

"Charlie" she said holding his shoulders "Esme is your..."

AN: What was Charlie's mom about to say before I realized this would  be the perfect time for a cliffhanger? Ha! Yeah, I'm evil! Let me know in the comments what do you think Mrs. Bucket was about to say?