Five Golden Tickets and A Chance

🍭Sixteen year old Esme in photo🍭
            🍭Esme's P.O.V🍭

The next evening, I was in the Wonka bar wrapping room, which is the room I first arrived in, making sure the wrapping mechanisms were working fine. I had to adjust them a bit yesterday, but they seemed to be working better today.

Then I heard the familiar footsteps of Willy Wonka coming into the room, so I bolted and hid behind some machines.

I watched as Willy set down five golden tickets down on the five different unwrapped chocolate bars. What they were for, I couldn't tell. I raked my brain trying to remember if Willy said anything about golden tickets, but I don't think he said anything.

Willy smiled as he watched the golden tickets get wrapped with the chocolate bar and sent off into the world.

I watched curiously, why would he send five gold tickets into five chocolate bars? But then again Willy can be a little strange sometimes.

He left the wrapping room and I followed in the heating ducts. He went to his bedroom and when I got there he was getting ready for bed. He was already in his pajama's with the little gold W's all over them. I watched him from the heating duct as he fell asleep.

I yawned softly "Good night, Willy" I whispered softly "I love you."

                         🍭🍫🍭

The next morning, I headed to the chocolate room to grab a candy apple for breakfast. Not the most healthy start to the day, but the sugar will keep me going till lunch.

I went to the television room and watched from the heating ducts as Willy had his eyes glued to the television. He was watching the local news, I also listened closely to what the reporters were saying.

"Five Golden tickets have been hidden underneath the wrapping papers of five ordinary Wonka bars" announced  the reporter "these five candy bars could be anywhere, in any shop, on any street, in any town, in any country in the world. The people who find these tickets will tour the famous Wonka chocolate factory and one will get an extra prize."

"People coming to the factory?" I whispered to myself "why would Willy do this all of a sudden? He's not really a people person?"

But then again maybe I could join in with the tour, then I could finally meet Willy Wonka personally!

But then my mind filled with doubt again. My brain kept shouting:

What are you thinking? What if he wonders who you are or how you got there? What if you're exposed?

But at the same time it felt as if my heart was saying:

Go for it! You've stayed hidden from him long enough! He'll love you! What have you got to lose?

I needed to figure out how to handle this, so I went to the library. I grabbed all the books about on being social and conversation topics and on how to make a great first impression.

As the days passed the golden tickets were being found one by one. I devoured book after book and took down some important notes based off what I know of Willy Wonka.

A week and a three days passed and the tour was tomorrow. That's when it occured to me I was so busy with studying on how to talk to Willy, I completely forgot what I should wear!

I only had the one outfit I had on, plus some pajamas for nightwear. And there was nothing I could possibly wear in the factory, the only other people who were there were Willy and the oompa loompas, and their clothes were too big and small for me!