M I N I S T R Y L E T T E R

Start from the beginning

I scoffed, that fucking owl had the audacity to bit me? Whoever its owner, I will surely advice them to buy another bird.

The snow was heavily falling, the breeze and coldness was seeping through my body causing me to shiver given that I had slided the door open, so I immediately closed it.

Then I stared down at the letter with one hand lifting it up to face-level, it was sealed with Gold wax. I swear to Merlin if it's going to be another unwanted guest I will fucking leave this place with Diana and buy us a flat somewhere in London.

However when I turned it around, it was not written for Diana which I though was for her ― but no, I was mistaken. It had the adress of our home and at the very end of the letter it says:  For Mr. Malfoy

My brows knitted and my face scrunched. The letter looks oddly familiar, like the ones Lucius receive when he was still alive and roaming about the Manor.

Fortunately, he's dead. 

With two hands I flexed it open, my eyes scanning down instantly, gazing the way the words were written in such a formal cursive. This was no ordinary letter, it came from ― The Ministry.

Just by the way it was written I can tell it was from the Ministry. What do they want from me? I was perplexed however ― a sudden realization hit me.

My heart started pounding fast against my chest. I completely forgot I'm a deatheater, what if they put me in Azkaban? Cold sweat beaded around my forehead and chills run down my spine. I grip the letter tighter.

Before I could even read a single word, I shifted my eyes straight to Diana's direction. She was sleeping so peacefully, like an angel.  I don't want to leave her ― I don't want to spend 10 years in those fucking cells with deatheaters all around, while she's broken in our house, waiting for me to come back.

I just want to live life with her.

I shook all thoughts away, Maybe I'm being paranoid. Because, If the Ministry was really about to seize me, then why didn't they do it the moment the war ended? Why did they wait for like a month to finally catch me? I wasn't even hiding. They could've traced me so easily.

With shaking hands, I tilted my head down, finally taking in each and every word there was in the letter:

Dear Mr. Malfoy

I would like to have a little chat with you in my office in the Ministry about a job opportunity that I believe you'll fit perfectly. Don't worry, I didn't send you a letter to put you in Azkaban because if I did want you behind bars, I'll most likely to send Aurors than letters, don't you think? See me in my office later, quarter to 3, don't be late.

Yours Truly,
Minister of Magic,
Kingsley Shacklebolt.

P.S, Mr. Hooters doesn't like blondes, I apologize in his behalf.

That fucking owl had a name? Mr. Hooters? Load of bullocks, that bird deserves to be put in Azkaban, filthy animal.

I shook my head, trying to relieve my anger when suddenly questions filled up my mind, making me wonder while I'm stilled in my place, clutching the letter.