☀︎

👻
Chapter 2: Ready for the devil?
George's POV

Piercing yellow eyes try to burn their way into my skull but they fail. You know what, I would say I wished they would leave but it kinda gives me a sense of power knowing I can burn holes through someone's skull and they can't do the same to me. Or I'm just insane. Anyways this bitch is starting to get annoying to look at maybe I do wish she was gone. I stick a finger out and point to the door hoping she gets the memo. That pea brain of hers seems to finally understand something and she starts walking towards the door, I wonder if I could cut through the tension in the room at the moment. And she was gone.

I started to flop myself back into bed until I realized I still had to get ready for school. Every bone in my body told me to just let myself fall onto the bed, but I resisted the temptations despite almost fainting from standing up too fast. The black clouds filled my vision as I stood there like an idiot waiting for them to go away. Once I got my vision back I started to get ready. And walked over to my closet.

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️TW STARTS HERE⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

    Ripping off my previous clothes which included: a plain black tee and grey basketball shorts. Way too showy for school. Especially since the scars hadn't gone away yet, they never will but I still have a slither of hope that maybe the constant reminder of my stupid mistakes would go away. Those stupid mistakes led to consistent wars with myself fighting every step of the way, constantly tormented by the overpowering emotion that gets bottled up for as long as possible until it explodes and causes more wars. The scars were a memory that needed to be pushed down, but seeing them everyday, trying to hide them everyday, how did that help? Ok now that I'm done with that little depression moment, I'm going to actually get dressed.

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️TW END⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

    I scrolled through my closet's contents hoping to find something that was plain. I eventually decided on a black hoodie and grey sweatpants, so attractive right? I pulled the fresh clothes over my body wondering what hell would happen today. Something has to happen, a fight, maybe a breakup, perhaps more hell? The little mirror on the side of the door seemed to taunt me, go ahead take a look. I mean one look couldn't hurt right? I slowly bend down and looks at himself in the reflective glass. My dark eye bags extremely visible, standing out against the pale skin. My hair is overgrown and the bangs hung over my eyes, I like to use them as a shield of sorts. Ah not too bad. I look kinda boring if you ask me, just how it should be.

My stomach started to grumble, signaling that I needed to eat something. I'm down for food not gonna lie. But that would mean I have to go to the kitchen, door far, bed closer. Nope not doing that today.

I walk over to my door and turn the handle the cool metal pressing up against my skin. Continuing on, I make my way down the hall and head straight to the kitchen staring at the floor the whole time. When my feet finally place themselves on the smooth tiles of my kitchen I feel myself let out a breath that I didn't even know I had been holding.

    Striding over to the pantry I grabbed the lucky charms knowing we didn't have anything better to eat. I reach an arm up and grab a bowl from a cabinet that for some reason was already open, weird, welp less things for me to do. I swing open a metal door of the fridge, quickly scanning through the objects that it held, at last I spotted a carton of milk that looked fairly new and grabbed it slamming the door shut again.

——time skip cause this is taking too long lol——

I finished up my cereal and cleared my place, pushing my chair in. Hopefully I wouldn't get yelled at by Emma for "not caring enough about this apartment" or whatever that means. Our mom never comes home and gives the responsibility of life to us. Moving on from that I now had to pack my bag.

    Cursing under my breath I start to walk towards the narrow hallway realizing I forgot to bring my work. Once I had made it to the end of the hallway I took a sharp left and threw open my door, I really didn't want to make both of us late.

I made a run for my desk and quickly gathered my textbooks and binders shoving them into my backpack that I also forgot in here. Slinging the bag over my shoulders I ran down the hallway and started to make my way through the small and very cluttered living room. I ran towards the front door and was met with a clearly annoyed sister. Haha she's so short. She's only 5'6 and I'm 5'9, shortie.

I gave her a quick head pat and scooted past her dashing out the door and into the familiar scent of the apartment complex. We live only on the second floor of apartments so I make my way to a familiar red door that leads to the staircase. Fleeing down the flight of stairs I practically float outside the door of the lobby. And ran to the parking garage next door.

It had snowed last night leaving a glimmering layer of white powder littering the streets. It was a pretty sight to say the least. The fluff of white looked like clouds with the sun glistening down on it, slowly melting the snow into water. I must have been gawking a little too long because I felt a tap on my shoulder. Upon realization it was my sister I fumbled with the keys and unlocked the car, throwing my heavy backpack into the middle seats and climbing into the drivers side.

"Ready for school?"

(1345 words)

New chapter soon

:)