Chapter One

Btw, above is, ofc, Kiyo. I originally wanted her to kinda have darker hair but I think the green hair suits her even more. Anyway, enjoy the story and if you like it, vote and give me a follow!

______________________________________________________________________________

Before we could think about what that shriek was, we heard footsteps from behind us and a voice-

(???) "What are you kids doing here?"

The three of us sprinted away from them. Leon and Ryu both bolted in different directions as I sprinted towards a cave nearby with an ominous purple glow inside. Bullets whiz past me as I run inside and hide behind one of the giant amethyst crystals; hearing two voices from the entrance, I peek and see two of the guards we saw before, guns drawn and looking around. I notice that they both have their helmets on so I couldn't identify whether they were the humans I saw before in the village/

(Guard #1) "Come on out wherever ya are! We both know you ain't leaving here alive!"

The second guard simply nods. "They sound like bandits or something!" I thought as they cocked back their guns and proceeded deeper into the cavern. "Am I really gonna die here?!" I thought as they closed in to where I was. I started to hyperventilate and lose my cool. Then they started to hear me. 

(Guard #2) "You were right, there is someone nearby."

He started to sniff the air and shot at one of the rocks on my left. Covering my mouth, I picked up a rock on the ground and threw it to my left. Both of the guards ran in the direction of the rock while I sneakily made my way out of the cavern. I ran into the forest when I got pulled up into one of the trees. I almost screamed when someone covered my mouth. It was Ryu! And beside him was Leon. 

(Kiyo) "Those guards are scary, why are they even here?" 

(Ryu) "All of these guards, that shriek, it doesn't make sense. I feel like there's something...supernatural going on."

(Leon) "I mean, we are in another world-"

(Kiyo) "Oh, stop being a smart-ass. Despite living here for a month, we still don't know what is this place!"

I look at both of them before Ryu speaks up...

(Ryu) "We should investigate the shriek."

Leon and I glared at him, eyes wide open.

(Leon) "Are you insane?!"

(Kiyo) "For once, you're sounding more delusional than Leon here!"

(Ryu) "Maybe it's connected to our way out of here." 

Sighing at what he said with my head facing the ground, I look back up at Ryu.

(Kiyo) "What's the possibility of it being our way out of here?"

(Ryu) "I...have no clue..."

Ryu looked back at me with an brave expression.

(Ryu) "But even so, it's a risk worth taking to leave this world. If we're gonna be honest, that is a common goal we three share."

(Leon) "True. *pause* Alright, I say we should investigate it." 

(Ryu) "What about you, Kiyo?"

(Kiyo) "Of course I don't wanna go!"

(Leon) "Alright, I guess Kiyo wants to stay back here." 

(Kiyo) "You didn't let me finish. I don't wanna go but seeing as this could be an opportunity to leave this dump, the advantages cancel out the disadvantages." 

(Ryu) "Alright, follow my lead then, I've played alot of Silver Gear growing up."

Ryu flashed a thumbs up at both of us and jumped down from the tree.

(Kiyo) "I don't think that's reliable..."

Me and Leon follow suit and we each hide behind a tree. Two of the guards come this way, passing by while we listen to their conversation. 

(Guard #3) "What exactly are we looking for again?"

(Guard #4) "A trio of humans was eavesdropping on the rise of the Other-world gateway."

We all exchange glances. "Other worldly gateway?!" we thought as the two guards walked off into the dark forest. We went into the open field and hid under one of the trucks near the hole. "The guards were there, probably searching for us" I thought as Ryu motioned for us to follow him. We peered into the hole and see an aqua-marine portal built into the ground. Actually, no, more like it was growing into the ground. We sensed this intriguing yet ominous feeling from the portal.

(Kiyo) "Well, we found the other worldly portal."

(Leon) "Now, how to get down there..."  

(Ryu) "I think I got an idea..." 

(Kiyo) "What do you have in mind?" 

Ryu whispers into Leon's ear and they both smile, kind of like a pair of little kids who are up to mischief, at me. 

(Kiyo) "Why are you two looking at me like that? We're not jumping down here, are we?" 

(Leon) "Sure, we are!" 

Leon dived off into the portal below. The guards at the bottom were confused as to what fell from the hole. "Do we really have to dive down there?!"

(Ryu) "It's alright. If you're scared, we could jump in together!"

He looks at me with reassuring eyes. I can't believe he's this persuasive. 

(Kiyo) "...Alright." 

Ryu took my hand, looked back at me before proceeding to jump. I felt my face turn a little red as we went through the portal. Our surroundings turned into many different colors like we were inside a rainbow. When I came out of the portal, I fell onto a hard ground. I struggled to get up as I looked around to see a forest around me. But I couldn't find Ryu or Leon anywhere! Then I proceeded deeper into the forest, looking for a way out or either of them...