Spencer's POV:

The two of you had spilt up to use the restroom. As you parted, you couldn't help but smile. She was just so... perfect. I entered the restroom when heard a click. I turned to see an older man early fifties late forties holding a gun that was pointed straight at your head. Your jaw clenched as he grew closer.

" Out! Now!" He barked as he turned and pushed the gun to your back.

You walked out trying to think of a way to get the gun out of you jacket pocket.

" Where's that little bitch of yours." He hissed.

You had seen him around the gallery but didn't think much of him. His expression was so wet and innocent, you would've never picked him as the unsub.

" She left already." You snapped as you lied through your teeth.

You prayed desperately that she wouldn't be in the bathroom anymore and that the team would be here soon. Alas my prayers were not answered. I knew this when I saw her bright smile quickly fade into and expression of fear. I winked at her and slightly nodded, trying to tell her to distract him and her being brilliant as she is caught on.

" What the hell is going on!" She yelled loudly, clearly trying to get some attention to him.

[ He lunged at her dropping the gun from my back and now aimed on her. I quickly pulled mine out of my pocket, but not before his was pressed to the side of her head.  I watched as her chest rose and fell quickly as the panic began to set in.

" Ok ok! Listen you don't have to hurt anybody." I said calmly as I lowered my gun.

" Drop it! Now!" He boomed.

" Alright ." You said slowly as you dropped to the ground and dropped the weapon on the floor. He stepped forward and kicked it across the room.

You began stepping forward slowly. He tightened his grip along her neck and pressed the gun into her head a little harder, causing small droplets of blood to fall down her face. She whimpered and shut her eyes.

" What is it that you want?" You said trying to remain as calm as possible.

The man looked back at you with a different expression. It was one of grief.  The look that  resembled the one on the face of Maeve's murderer. The one she had on her face before she shot herself along with the former love of his life. He knew what that look meant.

In a less than a second he ran to (y/n) and dove into her with all his force pushing them both onto the ground before the man could pull the trigger. He fell to the floor, as his lifeless body bleed.]

Me and (y/n) both sat up and leaned up against the wall. She looked over at his lifeless body in terror. I tilted her chin so that she was facing me and before I could say anything, she grabbed me tightly pulling me into a hug.

" Shh it's ok... your safe now. I've got you." I cooed as we held each other tightly in heap on the floor.

I kissed the top of her head lightly as she sobbed into my chest. I let out a shakey breath as the memories of Maeve's death flooded my brain, along with the what-ifs. What if I hadn't grabbed (y/n) in time? What if she had died in my arms? I pushed those thought out of my head, and focused on comforting the beautiful, brilliant, perfect woman in my arms. She was all that mattered now.

Small time skip..

(Y/N)'s POV:

The flashing light of the ambulance made my head throb even more intensely than it had before. Spencer was scolding the paramedic for not taking me to the hospital, even though the small gash didn't require hospitalization. I hopped up from the back of the vehicle and went over to the as they  bickered. I tapped him on the shoulder and Spencer gasped angrily at me.

" What are you doing! You need to be resting!" He exclaimed as he hurried over to me with a worried expression.

I smiled as I relized just how much he cared about me.

" Spencer I'm fine! Now please let this poor women go." I chuckled as I glanced over at the paramedic who scowled at Spencer. I mouthed the words I'm sorry at her. She smiled sweetly and then disappeared into the sea of people.

" Are you sure you're ok? I'm mean he hit you really hard..." he whispered.

His hand once again brushed the hair out of my face. The familiar feeling of fluttering returned at this slightl movement. We once again locked eyes, our faces moving closer together with every second that passed.

" You know all that pretending to be a couple and we never kissed once." You whispered as a slight smile spread across your face.

" Well let's change that." He remarked without missing a beat.

His hands cupped your face as the two of you kissed. You hands traveled up to his messy hair and his snaked down to your waist.

" Will you two lovebirds cut it out? This is a crime scene!" Morgan laughed and you both turned abruptly.

The whole team stood watching with wide grins. You looked back up at Spencer who was blushing in embarrassment. You giggled as you watched his face reden.

" To hell with them." You whispered as you pressed your lips against his. He smiled as you both leaned into the kiss.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi!! So I hope you guys liked the two part story " lovebirds!" I really enjoyed writing this one so I hope you guys enjoy reading it! Feel free to leave suggestions or requests for more story's!