louis was gentle as he untaped the tabs and lifted harry's hips to slide it out from under him, tossing it away in the garbage bin.

"i know, i'm sorry, almost done." louis apologized as he pulled a couple wipes out of the package to his left and began wiping harry's lower regions clean of pee, harry whining behind his soother as he flinched from the coldness coming into contact with his penis and thighs, wriggling around uncomfortably until louis grabbed his ankles in one hand and cleaned up his bum, soothing him with some gentle words.

"oh is this sore, sweetheart?" louis asked when he noticed a small red rash beginning to form on harry's bum, harry just shrugging as louis reached over him again and found some rash cream under the sink, making a mental note to let anne know about it if it didn't get better over the next day or so while he smothered the younger boy in it, before slipping a new diaper under him and leaving it untaped, allowing the cream to sink in for a moment.

"b-boo, that's so much," harry whined as louis capped the cream and set it aside, before rubbing the excess from his hands into harry's hips, giving him a little massage while they waited.

"i know, i'm sorry baby, i just don't want it to get worse." louis said as he finished up, wrapping harry in his diaper before putting the wipes and cream away and heading the sink to wash his hands.

"mm'boo?" harry asked as louis dried his hands and got harry settled back on his hip, louis humming in reply to let the boy know he was listening.

"can i have a baba?" harry whispered into louis' neck as he was carried out of the bathroom and down the stairs, the two making their way into the kitchen.

"'course you can, baby. are you wanting boo to put some vanilla in it?" louis asked, setting harry down on the counter and reaching over him to grab a bottle from the cabinet above his head, harry nodding and chewing on his soother, making louis reach over and give his inner thigh a warning tap.

"ah ah harry, we don't chew or boo's gonna have to take it away, okay?" louis said, distracted as he opened the fridge and found a carton of milk on the first shelf, harry gasping and placing his hands over his mouth protectively to cover it.

"nah'uh, my soothie!" harry said worriedly, not wanting his soothie taken away as he watched louis prepare his bottle and add a couple drops of vanilla into it before popping it into the microwave for a minute or two, before coming back to stand between harry's legs that were knocking against the island cabinets.

"that's right love, it is yours but soothie is for you to suck on, okay? no chewing please, mister." louis said, deciding to let the boy keep the soother until he had his bottle.

"m'huh, sorry boo, hawwy no chew soothie." harry mumbled, louis smiling as he gave his thigh a pat before retrieving the bottle after the microwave had beeped, the older man testing it on the inside of his wrist just like anne had told him to do before giving it to harry, who took it easily.

"good boy," louis said, hoisting harry back on his hip, harry tugging the soother out from between his lips and letting it fall to his tummy before louis caught it, tucking it into his back pocket, as he was sure he would need it at some point later on. "you okay holding that, bubs?" louis asked, referring to harry's bottle, the young boy nodding and bringing the teat to his lips, beginning to suckle on the milk, pulling back for a moment when he thought it tasted different than when his mummy made it for him, but nonetheless drinking it anyways because he wanted his baba.

"we 'uddle, boo?" harry asked, milk dripping down his lips that louis quickly wiped away with his thumb as he smiled and nodded, readjusting harry so that his legs were wrapped around his torso and his head was tucked in the crook of louis' neck, harry humming contently behind the bottle as he relaxed against louis, the older boy bouncing him very gently, not wanting harry to choke as he drank but still have the comfort.