Hero (Leone Abbachio X Reader)

Red and blue flashed in every direction was annoying and overwhelming enough for you, along with that came the blaring siren. You couldn't care less about your well-being, you just hope the children under your care wouldn't be as overwhelmed as you are right now. They were good kids, despite not realising the danger they were in, how their lives were on the line, how confused and scared they were, they managed to keep quiet and behave under pressure. Honestly, you thought you could've done more. You knew from the very beginning you had a strange feeling about the bus driver and yet you were careless about it and ignored it, letting all thirty children at the ages of seven to eight years old potentially being psychologically impacted severely by this event.

There was a hostage situation involving your bus, wherein the driver was hijacked by a petty crook and hold the entire school bus of children for a ransom. You were able to calm the children and submissively cooperated with the high-jacker's needs, but you have secretly contacted the police to alert them of your situation. It didn't take them too long to arrive and track the school bus, before a young police officer managed to apprehend the crook before he can injure any of the students.

And so it comes to this, children under your care has slowly dispersed, escorted by the police to their parents, or some parents raced to get here and pick their kids up. You couldn't be more thankful at the safety you were brought upon after this traumatising event. You hoped that your pupils aren't too overwhelmed to life by it, and that they continue to be brave and prepared to face these types of situation and know how to escape it.

You took a deep sigh, rubbing your arms together from the chilling cold. You just couldn't wait for you to just prop yourself in your bed and finish the day. But you doubt that the impact of the even will solidify your schedule as hectic, but you could use a break from all of this. One of the police told you to stay for some questioning and hopefully they'd send you home soon. Honestly, you thought the interrogation earlier was enough for them to convict the victim, but you presumed that they still wanted to keep you around just in case they want you to clarify some of your statements.

"Are you alright, Mister/Miss L/N?" You looked up to see the young officer who had apprehended the crook earlier. Just a young man at your age, with a remarkably handsome face and his warm purple and yellow ombre gaze emitting a certain warmth and comfort to it. "H-here... You look cold." He hands you a folded blanket from his arms, in which you gladly accept, mustering enough strength for you to smile up at him.

You draped the blanket by your shoulders finally providing yourself some warmth, as you spoke to him, "Please, just call me Y/N. Yes, I'm alright. Thank you so much, I can't express my gratitude enough, Officer..." You glanced at his name tag for a moment. "Abbachio. It was very brave of you to go after the crook despite his rabid behaviour and the deadly, loaded weapon in his hands. That's very admirable of you, Officer."

"I-uh- um..." His cheeks darkened at that, before he averts his gaze, tipping his hat downwards for a moment before he finally faces you. "It is our duty as the police, Mister/Miss L/- Y/N. We just want to help people out and keep Naples safe."

"With all the drug trades, the mob and crime running around, then the corrupt police officers, you're a breathe of fresh air to be honest." Maybe it was because of the mental and emotional toll from the previous encounter had you rambling on to project your anxieties elsewhere, by easing yourself with some casual chat. "There's hope for the future, I guess. With kind and gentle and brave people like you. You're a hero."

"Not at all, Mister/Miss Y/N," he softly states under his breathe. This caused you to look up. "If it weren't for you discreetly making a phonecall to the police at the risk of getting caught and killed, you did it successfully. Not only that, you managed to keep your young students calm despite the severity of the situation. If one's a hero, it's actually you, Mister/Miss Y/N."

"T-thank you... O-officer Abbachio." You felt a certain warmth in your chest for his statement and found yourself smiling since everything came falling. Being the only adult in the bus was a massive pressure on you to take responsibility and keep every single children safe under your wing and you were blaming yourself at the things you weren't able to prevent this from happening, and yet this noble soul believed you were a hero.

"Ah- I almost forgot! You can go home now. I apologize for not informing you. The police would be contacting you if further questioning would be done but for now, you should rest up." Abbachio glances at you for a moment, and shyly and apologetically rubs the back of his neck. "P-please, let me escort you back to your home." He helps you stand, and began to lead the way, when you suddenly linked your arm through his. He was stiff for a moment, before loosening up and continued to escort you in the police car to drive you home.

After pulling up in front of your apartment building, Abbachio unbuckles his seatbelt and opens your car door for you. You were endeared by this gesture and simply smiled at him to show your sheer gratitude.

"Thank you so much, Officer."

"You're very welcome." He nods at you.

"I'll see you around, Officer. Good night. And thank you again." You turned to you apartment for a moment, before glancing back at him. He smiles back at you, saluting, before entering the police car again. You stood and watched as the car slowly faded by distance, and soon you found yourself sighing and letting your shoulder loose.

I mean it when I said I want to see you again, Officer.