Helian Wei Wei opened her mouth and was just about to speak when she felt someone behind her, giving her chills down her back.

She turned around and was met with those unfathomable eyes from the young man.

When did he come? Why did he make no sound at all?

Nangong Lie also saw Baili Jia Jue, but he did not focus on him and was instead looking toward the direction of Qing Zhan.

He recalled his own actions just now, feeling a sense of annoyance in his heart.

The girl saw him giving flowers to another girl, would she treat him like one of those playboys?

No way! He had to explain!

"Qing Zhan, continue your debriefing." The young man withdrew his gaze, crescent marks already forming on his palms from clenching his fists. He paced toward the courtyard, exuding cold indifference, stopping anyone from approaching.

Nangong Lie wanted to follow them but he was stopped by the shadow guards.

"Out of my way," Nangong Lie lowered his voice.

Shadow looked down but did not step aside. "Young Master Lie, His Highness has been in a bad mood recently, please don't go over there."

"In a bad mood?" Nangong Lie squinted and laughed. "Is it because the young lady from the Helian family has gone missing?"

Shadow remained silent and glanced at Helian Wei Wei.

In fact, His Highness had been depressed for the past two days.

He was constantly lost in his thoughts and was even inattentive when listening to debriefing.

Especially when he came back from the Holy Worship Temple last night, he had stayed up in his study all night.

He just sat quietly, with a fur cloak held in his hand. Nobody knew what was on his mind.

Shadow had only seen His Highness like this once before.

Eight years ago when His Highness was still young. He was sick at the time but he was still trying to look for this woman like a mad person. Even when he was running a fever and lying on the bed, he was begging, begging for her to stay...

Yet, there was not a single trace of this woman that could be found throughout the entire imperial palace.

Since then, His Highness had changed.

His eyes were spiritless.

During that time, the Eldest Prince had passed away. The Emperor was unhappy, but he did not punish the Murong family. Instead, the Emperor kept picking on His Highness.

Besides, when His Highness had disrespected the Empress, she locked him in the woodshed for three days and three nights without even giving him a sip of water to drink.

Both him and Biluo had been pleading around but they did not get a chance to see His Highness at all.

Fortunately, the Retired Emperor had returned in advance and berated the Empress and the Emperor.

However, in less than a year's time, there was a fire in the palace.

Since the fire, His Highness never left his house.

Afterward, His Highness unintentionally met the young lady from the Helian family.

He was no longer the same as before; he was no longer cruel to everyone.

Instead, he was noble and virtuous like a jade, and he was mature as if he had been reborn.

It seemed like nothing could stir his emotions anymore.