Chapter 10: The nightmare

I ran as fast as I could holding the stone, trying to get away from the beast behind me. almost to the wall of chains when I feel the stone start it shrink, until it was small enough to fit in my pocket. until now I dissent realize that before it shrank it was to big to fit in the space in wall. I quickly shoved the stone in my pocket and jump into the chains catching a glimpse of the monster behind me.

Swing from chain to chain, heading downwards with each leap of fate. The room was getting darker and I didn't see it head the beast anywhere near me. I stop to catch me breath, I had to put out the flames emitting from my body or it would surely find me. I took a deep breath calming myself down and thinking of wanting to flame out. they began to lower and put themselves out until only the soft haze of smoke lingered. I climes down from the chain trying not to make a sound I had almost made it to the bottom when I looked up and saw a pair of large, yellow, merciless eyes staring at me from above.

The beasts long neck was glowing bright orange and smoke was coming out of its big tooth filled mouth. horns came out of its head. and I couldn't tell for sure but I could swear on its large red body was a gigantic pair of wings. I knew exactly what it was now, it was a dragon.

Not knowing what to do I let go of the chain and fell to the ground waving my arms around creating flames so large they caught me and broke my fall. u hit back in my feet and frantically started looking around for the mirror to get out. after locating it I looked back up and the dragon wasn't far behind me, I took off running.

I almost made it to the mirror when on if it's sharp claws stuck into my back knocking me to the ground. I felt blood coming out of the large starches on my shoulder blade all the way down to my lower back. stumbling to get back up it whacked me with its tail pushing me across the room. it was coming at me now. I could see my blood staining it's massive claws and the look of hunger on its face; it wanted me dead. getting up I ran toward the mirror again, this time jumping with flames coming out of my feet pushing my up like a rocket launcher. I nearly cleared it, but it scratched my stomach with it's talons. now bleeding from both my back and stomach I leaped threw the mirror. and finally felt safe from the mighty dragon.

The way I came out of the room no longer looked like a mirror, it looked more like a window. I could peer into the dark room and watch the dragon stare at me threw the barrier between it and its prey. I got up and tried to stop the bleeding on my side where three of its mighty talons cut my flesh. both the bleeding on my stomach and back had slowed down when I remembered the stone in my pocket. I pulled it out and it started to grow back to the size it was originally and j shoved it in the spot in the wall.

The writing appeared again and said,

"Very well done, your almost through. one More task remains and it's the toughest too."

A wall disappear below the floor and swamp was behind chains hanging from the trees and the mud on the ground looked boiling hot, magma pockets spewed up like fountains. and sand Pitts laced around the whole thing wee filled with dead body's.

"Clear the fire swamp and end the game. I will give you a treat to find your way."

Once again flames engulfed my body, but this time it was not pain I felt but more like a tickling sensation that left me felling warm and refreshed. after a couple of minutes it shout out from my body and all around the swamp. I could now see where the lose branches were and wall the patches of quick sand. like a sixth sense that relays information back to my brain. the heat from the flames disappeared and so did the cheat sheet of the swamp that I just witnessed. I looked down and saw that the cuts I got from the dragon were now scars.

I ripped the blood part of my shirt off and screamed, "WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DREAM IS THIS. COME ON NOW YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK TI ME NEHTER WORLD. I DO NOT WANT TO DO YOUR CHALLENGE. WHY ME OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS. WHY ME."

The writing changed and said,

"Because if you don't you will not wake up. when someone finds you on the ground they will think you are dead. the night is still young complete my task and get gifts. I don't know why it is you. I have had more grateful guessed in my company, but I still have to tolerate you. Now do the task or die"

I thought to my self at least this task looks simpler.