32. The Potala Palace

Start from the beginning

I was about to initiate a conversation when my phone suddenly vibrated. I took the phone out and got surprised upon seeing the caller ID.

Jang Kiyong.

I frowned and stared at Hyeyoon which now also staring back at me.

I got up and excused myself to the restroom.

"Yes?" I answered the call when I reached the restroom door.

"Mr. Kim. I'm so sorry for disturbing you, my apologies," the baritone voice was heard across the line.

"Yes, is there anything wrong, Manager Jang?" I replied to him flat and when I saw my reflection from the mirror near the restroom, my expression indeed looked as cold and rigid as marble.

"Are you with Hyeyoon, now? I'm just wondering if she was with you right now since I can't reach her phone. It's switched off," Jang Kiyong concerned voice was clearly heard and I instantly turned to look at the girl from afar. She was still in her seat. Watching the night view from outside the windows. "Just wondering if I'm not bothering your work, may I speak to her, please?"

I was contemplating whether or not to tell him the truth or just simply saying that the girl was busy and unavailable at the moment.

As if I couldn't control my step, my feet unconsciously walked by themselves back toward the girl and stood tall next to her. Hyeyoon was stunned upon seeing my appearance and throwing a questioning look at me.

What are you doing here, Kim Rowoon?

My internal thought was giving me a warning, yet my tongue worked by itself as if I had no control over my body.

"Here, Jang Kiyong is calling me, he said he can't reach your phone, did you switch it off?" I gave her my phone and the girl blankly took it.

"Hello?" she excused herself to the restroom and answered the call.

I watched her talking on the phone while sometimes flashing a smile and giggling. My hazy mind diverted to what that old lady at the China Folk Villages had said. "You have to learn how to appreciate precious things that universe had sent to you, rather than being so arrogant and prideful of yourself, it's useless, or else you'll lose your precious one repeatedly,"

I indeed had lost someone so precious. I let out a wry smile, bitterly admitted the fact. My insidious side had told me to snatch the girl back and claimed what was mine. But then, my inner thought and sanity wouldn't let me do such cheap things. What would it make me if I force the girl and did the things out of her consent?

I couldn't do that.

I sighed in frustration. But laughed at me one second later. Why was I so melancholic? Since when? Smiled bitterly at my stupidity, I saw Hyeyoon walked back to our table and gave my phone back.

"Thanks," she said lowly.

"What happened with your phone?" I asked her as I took my phone back.

She took out her phone and checked on it confusedly. "I have no idea, it's nothing wrong. But I hadn't got any notification from him," Hyeyoon tried to tap on her phone a few times, opening and closing the messenger application just to make her looked more confused about what was wrong with the device.

"Let me see," I reached out my hand and asked for her phone. She handed me her phone and I checked it a few times.

Seemed like the device's speed was slowed down due to excessive use. "When did the last time you restart your phone, Hyeyoon?" I cleared the junk files and tap on the clean the cache before restarting the device.