Chapter 1 The Abduction

Chapter 1

Fylight's POV

 A loud crash and my mom’s piercing screams rang up the stairs, forcing its way past the music blaring through my headphones. I ripped the earplugs out, rushing to stand from my bed and grabbing the door handle and cracking the door open. But a yell from my mother stopped me in my tracks.

“What are you doing here? Get out of my house!” my mother yelled.

“We want the girl, Sarah.”

My hands began to tremble, my heart pounding in my chest so loudly, I was sure the man downstairs would hear.

I silently closed the door, cringing and expecting it to squeak, then flipped the light switch off.

I stumbled over towards my phone lying on the bed, struggling to see in the dim moonlight, cringing as every agonizing step creaked under my weight, but to me it sounded like gunfire. I was positive that the stranger downstairs would hear me. I finally arrived to my bed, grabbing the phone and quickly dialing nine-one-one.

My heart thudded loudly in my ears, but not so much as to drown out the sound of the beep signaling that the call was dropped. Tearing the phone away from my ear, I glared at it in horror, the absence of the white signal bars at the top of the screen mocked me.

My shaking fingers quickly dialed again but I began to hyperventilate as once again, the call did not go through. I was quickly regretting my mother’s decision to live surrounded by woods; clearly it was not the smartest decision she’d ever made.

Tightly gripping the device in my hand, I tried once again, but the call stubbornly refused to go through. Frustrated tears welled up in my eyes as my body continued to quiver.

Clenching my teeth, I struggled not to cry out as my hand felt like it went up in flames. A searing hot pain burned through my flesh and my burning hand eagerly dropped the phone, loudly clattering to the floor. The sound deafeningly reverberated through the house. I began to claw at my skin, unable to stop myself. I winced as my nails dug into the flesh of my inner arm. Scratching out what looked like an upside down capital F. Immediately, the invisible flames once licking up my arm receded, leaving me with an aching, bloody forearm.

“What, are you guys deaf? Search upstairs!” a man yelled and immediately multiple footsteps began searching through the house, including their ascension up the stairs toward me. I had no time to ponder over what just happened. I just needed to get out of the house.

I stuffed the phone into my pocket, grabbing a hunting knife from my desk. The footsteps were now right outside my door. I had no time to escape from the window, and instead I dodged behind the door, which seconds later slammed into what would’ve been the wall if I wasn’t standing there. Pain shot up my leg and I struggled to quickly grab the door before it closed and revealed me from the impact.

My heart thudded in my ears and I strained to hear who was downstairs. My teeth bit down on my lower lip, biting through the pain of the flesh I’d recently opened with my nails.

To my surprise two wolves jumped to the middle of my room, looking around. They were huge creatures. Bigger than any dog I’d ever seen. Beautiful, but deadly. Saliva dripped from their bared teeth, and the smallest grey one lifted its head back and sniffed the air, his long claws clicking against the wood floor with each step. My mouth dropped as another wolf’s fur began to ripple. Its hair shortened until it was gone and in its place was human flesh. Now a man with dark hair stood there instead.

A scream erupted from my mouth at the sight of the wolf that turned into a man. All the pent up fear and anxiety noisily found its way out.

I thrust the door open just as the wolves turned to look at me, their stares stopping my screams. I dashed down the stairs, running out the sliding glass back door.