Running

I ran through the thick, dark woods, panting, fearful for my life. I knew he was coming for me. I knew it.

I ran as fast as my legs would allow. I was terrified. I glanced back to see if he was still following, just in time to see him stretch his arms toward me. I ran faster and faster. I soon realized I was nearing a run down, spooky-looking hospital.

I don't care what it look like, I thought, as long as it keeps me safe.

I yanked the doors open and slammed them shut behind me, resting back against them and sliding down so I could sit and rest. I let my eyes close, but as soon as I did, I heard a loud bang as his hands hit the other side of the door. But then everything was silent.

I let out a sigh of relief.
Was it finally over?

I stood, looking around, but all I could see was never-ending darkness. I looked through my backpack, and luckily I came across a flashlight. I had to shake it a few times before it finally came on, but the light was weak and flickering. It was enough, though. I walked slowly down the hall, turning left, only to come across blood splattered on the wall.

How nice.

I turned right to see a room with what looked like the remains of a man. I was terrified of this place already.

Way to make a first impression, I thought.

I caustiously continued down the hall, but soon felt as though I was being watched. I spun around, then dropped my flashlight when I saw a man in a black suit.

He doesn't have a face!

I gasped and ran for the elevator. His arms kept stretching after me... I kept thinking I was going to die. I hit the open button repeatedly, but when the doors finally did open, it was too late. He grabbed onto my leg and pulled me off my feet.

I was lucky to have found a large piece of broken glass, and I turned around, bringing my leg to stab his hand. He let go. I stood up and jumped into the elevator, closing the doors behind me.

I leaned back against the wall, breathing heavily. My entire body just hurt so bad. My legs my hands, everything. My vision was starting to fade into blackness.

I'm dying, I thought. I don't want to die!

All I wanted to do was go back home, to see the people I loved. I didn't want to die yet.

I soon felt a warm light come to me. I opened my eyes to see a boy with angel wings, who held out his hand to me. I look it, and suddenly I was back at my home.

"Hello," the boy said, smiling. "Welcome back."

To be continued...