Chapter 2: The Encounter

"Thank you Jin for packing my necessities and accepting my final wish as a demon lord"

Happily said by Zaldous.

"No no sir its my job to do this. I devoted my life to serve you"

"Thank you very much Jin you served me very... I shall get going now"

But when Zaldous opened his castle's gate he saw the heroes nearly approaching his castle. He immediately changed his form into a normal human and quickly concealed his mana.

The heroes went passed him like his some kind of homeless man not suspecting a thing. Zaldous felt relieved after the heroes went passed him but he was wrong. The heroes question him like where was he from, why is he near this castle blah blah blah...

"Im just a trader here Mr. Heroes. I just happened to passed by this place for resources for trading"

Nervously said by Zaldous...

"Oh you are a trader, sorry im just wondering why a trader don't have a cart and a horse?"

"No umm... my horse umm... they got stolen by bandits yes thats right!"

Zaldous said suspiciously

"What a shame. I was planning on buying many strength, agilty, mana and speed potion just in case the demon lord was very strong after all"

"Oh he he its it's unfortunate but still life goes on right? Sorry for disturbing you and i shall be on my way"

"Okay have a safe trip Mr."

Zaldous screamed inside with joy that he escaped succesfully and thought that the heroes are just good at fighting but very dumb.

He continued his journey and venture to places he never saw before, after being blinded my his hatred and rampage.

A day has passed...

An unexpected encounter has happened once again. Zaldous encountered the heroes again. The heroes expressions are anger and disappointment. The heroes is taking a break and talking while zaldous is spying them, Zaldous hear their conversation loud and clear so he listen carefully...

"Where could that demon be? I heard that he can't leave his castle because of the curse right?"

"Yeah i also heard of rumors that he was gaurdibg something important right? Just like in the novels"

Said by the heroes...

"Me!? Guard something important? Of course not why would i gaurd an object and die and repeat it again? Sheesh...

"Hey we should make this an advantage"

"What do you mean advantage?"

"The demon lord might be dead already so we should tell that the king is ordering us to kill the demon lord even if his already gone? We'll tell them that the army of the demon lord is heading this way and cause chaos in the kindom"

"Ohh you clever guy. So what happens if we take the throne?"

"Are you really this dumb? Of course we will have all the  gold in this kingdom. We will use our status so they can respect us"

And so the heroes started to show their true colors. Zaldous geard all of their conversation and he really want to kill them. His just a bit scared that he may be killed again and this world will became more worse than him in the past.

But with no hesitation, he use his anger as an overwhelming unstoppable power. He dashed towards the hero and punch the ground creating a big crater.

When he calm down he saw no trace of the hero. He was very happy that he defeated the hero but he was very happy that the kingdom was safe...

"Phew what a mess i did. This hole is very deep, how am i supposed to hide this now MUHAHAHAHAHA"

Zaldous regretted asking the heroes for information on this land. He should have at least let one of them live and do the talking but he was blinded by his anger.

Zaldous still continued his long journey. He learned various things about the world. He did not think that just by his rampage a lot has changed over the past years. He also knew that his becoming more soft and kind hearted.

"This maybe because of that long waiting and isolation even if im with Jin"

While Zaldous was taking a leak he suddenly heard a scream from the distance where the thick jungle lies. He quickly run to it and...

Hellooo thank you once again for reading this story... i wish you guys enjoy it. This is where we will end the 2nd chapter, expect chapter 3 tommorow night or not. Thank you for reading😁