𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢 ┈ 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

PROLOGUE
━━━━━━ 𝟬 ・━━━━━━

     YOUR SHOES CLICKING ON THE concrete sidewalk were the only noises to be heard in the quiet alleyway. Although the quietness was soon interrupted by the cold harsh wind, sending shivers down your spine as you hugged your body—trying to keep in the warmth. Lights flickered from the broken lamp posts making the scenery eerier. Perfect for a tragic tale to begin and soon, it did.

Ringing came from behind but quickly got ended as if the call was never meant to occur. The pace in your walk fastened once you realized it was someone's device and you weren't the only one in the ally. There were two living beings, you and an unknown being, one that was seeking something, perhaps you?

Every step echoed, clueless if it was the echoing of your steps or theirs.. or both. The steps were a perfect match—they were both synchronized with each other. It was like they knew your every move, and that's because they did. You hurriedly turned a corner, trying to get out of there quicker. Unfortunately, that turn was the beginning of your tragic tale.

The footsteps took a stop as your breathing did too. The first thing your eyes made contact with was eyes. It wasn't a human, not an animal, not even a living thing, so what exactly was it? They blinked at you, staring directly into your widened eyes. The way the stare pierced into your body felt horrifying. It was like they refused to look at anything but you. Quite flattering.

Unfortunately, eyes weren't the only thing making your fear strike through the meter, it was skulls. Sounds of skulls bobbling and clinking against each other filled the silent alley. Your mind fuzzled with confusion as you were unable to separate the noises of the skulls from the footsteps. Was that being still there or was it just the paranoia getting to you?

The steps moved in a circle, circling you to get the perfect shot. For a photo or something rather deathly? You