Prologue 2

Watching the tall man's figure recede, Y/N turned to the elegant woman. She lowered her head, steeling her form as she felt a thick aura that emanated from the purple-haired woman.

The lady guided the anxious child to a sleek black couch framed with polished wood, the ridges of the fabric subtly accented with red gold string, and gestured for her to sit.

The girl quickly complied as the woman rested on the plush fabric.

Across from the girl who settled into the luxurious fabric of the couch higher quality to anything she's ever felt in her short life.

Cordelia's relaxed form laid dignified over the back of the couch as she rested. 

A moment of dull silence laid between the two before the taller of the two adjusted herself. 

"Ayato, come," the lady called, turning towards the staircase. 

Not moments later, a small boy who Y/N could only assume to be the Ayato in question walked down the stairs, scarlet locks bouncing with his steps; he had the same glowing, emerald eyes as Cordelia. The boy wore a pair of loose brown overalls, paired with a white-buttoned undershirt; cuffs lined with dainty lace that framed his small palms. As he approached he surveyed the guest, pale eyes following the girl before flashing back to his mother's own deep gaze. 

"Yes, mother?" he questioned. 

"Show our guest around the house, keep them entertained," the graceful woman ordered in a saturated sweet voice lined with coldness, quite similar to how she was addressed by Karlheinz, a cold formality lined with an underlying threat holding her obedience in his grasp. 

"Yes, mother," he said, leaning towards Y/N's form as he took a hold of her hand. "Follow me."

The boy stiffly made his way up the stairs, guiding the girl up polished wooden steps, his hand interlocked with Y/N's as she followed. 

When the pair made it to the top of the stairs and into a nearby hall, she could feel his body lose its tension as he stared back at her, demeanor changing suddenly. 

"Wanna see something cool?" he questioned, voice lined with an edge of mischief. 

The girl nodded, not wanting to speak unless prompted as the two walked down the ornate hallway.

Ayato skipped along the halls, pointing at works of art and history aligning the walls of the house, proudly explaining the history of the many items on display. The silent girl absorbed all the information, acknowledging the subtle attributes in the art that she could name. The pair often stopped at various doors, revealing pulchritudinous rooms filled with impeccably designed artworks. The young boy continued to explain history as he proceeded to show the curious girl around the residence. The pair continued to make their way down the hall, before Ayato turned to Y/N with mischievous look. 

"So~" he said. 

The girl flatly stared at him waiting for him to ask something of her. Ayato deflated slightly at her lack of reaction, looked around and lit up again, asking, 

"You wanna eat takoyaki with me?"

Y/N once again nodded, not wanting to upset the excited boy, and he took her hand before excitedly dragging her through the empty halls. The pair stopped at a set of tall doors. The boy pushed the doors open, revealing a beautiful kitchen. As the little girl's eyes widen at the sight, Ayato giggled and summoned a familiar to bring in a plate of takoyaki. 

Y/N watched the watery figure of a man carry the plate and as he placed it on the center counter, she glanced at the steaming plate of food with curiosity.