Chapter 5: The Dream

The ground is covered with red arrows..blood everywhere.

What the hell happened here?

I widened my eyes. My parents are on the floor, laying there dead. I see Kyro..looking at my parent's bodies. I started to hyperventilate.

My breathing got heavier.

'Ayame! Please hang in there!' Kyro stepped towards me. I couldn't take it anymore. I started to cry.

Why this dream. Out of all the dreams I have, why this one? I still have nightmares thinking about this day. And why is he in this realm with me? This isn't making any sense.

I couldn't take it anymore. I suddenly woke up screaming. I held on to my clothes. I was sweating. I can feel my heart beating fast.

Someone opened my door. Kyro? He walked towards me. I backed away from him. "Relax..I'm not going to do anything to you. Just tell me what you saw."

He sat next to me. I sighed. "I-I..saw my parents dead on the floor..with arrows through them.." I started to cry.

He sighed and pulled me next to him. "Stop crying will ya?"

Out of nowhere, he kissed me. I widened my eyes. He quickly pulled away from me. "I'll be going now," As he said that, he started to walk away from me but I grabbed his arm. He looked at me.

"P-please don't go.."

"Please don't make this difficult, princess." I didn't listen to him. He sighed. He pulled his hand away from me. I widened my eyes.

"W-wait!"

"Please return to your chambers, princess"

"Did that kiss not mean anything to you?!" I blurted out loud.

"It was just a mere infatuation"

I widened my eyes when he said that. I returned to my chambers. I laid in bed and started to cry.

Nothing more than infatuation..

My heart sunk..How could he do this to me? Play with my feelings like it's nothing. How dare he.

I heard the door opened. Aaron? "Do you need something lieutenant?"

"I was just checking up on yo- Ayame, Why are you crying?!"

I wiped my tears. "I-it's nothing!" I faked a smile. "H-huh. Sure Ayame. I know you better than anyone else."

 He pulled me close to him. "I'm fine Aaron. Please go back. I need to rest. I'll call you when I need you ok?"

"Ok.." He let go of me and walked to his watch area.

________________________________________________________________________________

Aaron P.O.V.

No way in hell I'm believing that Ayame cried for no reason. That damn prince has to do something with it. I thought to myself.

"Aaron, where were you?" Nouren asked me.

"Nowhere." He looked at me suspiciously.

He widened his eyes. "Black hair..."

"I-it's not what it looks-"

I felt a burn on my cheek area. He slapped me. "You must be really stupid, to think I don't know what you did."

"You only have one job and one job only; to protect that dragon with the cost of your life."

"You should be ashamed of yourself."

"Ashamed of myself? For holding a frightened girl in my arms? What if that monster drags her into bed and ravages her."

"That's none of our concern."

"Bs. I'm leaving." I said as I started to walk away from him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: How was it? Good or no? Anyways, have a nice day/night! Stay safe!

Words Counted: 700