she sighs before talking again, "right.. i honestly don't even want to think about it anymore" she paused, before talking again, "i don't know where you're staying tonight but.....she has a night shift, 12 until 12 if you wanted to come over..." she says hesitantly, playing with her fingers.

"mm" i hum, as i lightly push Brooke from off of me, standing up to pull my shorts up, thinking about her offer.

"we hitting the stu around 10, i can slide through and pick you up and you can hang with us?" i say, leaving the room and going downstairs to the kitchen to find something to eat.

i watch her chew on her bottom lip in anxiety as she contemplates my offer, i speak again before she could answer.

"don't let me get you in trouble tho " i say, opening a bottle of water, chugging most of it.

almost immediately, she responds.

i'll come...i'll be ready" she says while setting her phone down so that i'm staring at the ceiling fan.

"iight shorty, i'll let you know when we on the way" i say sitting down at the counter, staring into the phone, watching her be distracted by what sounded like the tv, smiling slightly at her face.

"okay cool" she says, after looking back at the camera to find me staring at her, right before pressing the end call button.

i think about what nova's grandma says about me. even tho she doesn't know me, i probably wont be good for her. actually —i know i wont be good for her, but i can't stop myself from wanting to be around her.

i shake my dreads and put my face in my hands, letting my mind wander before i feel a body against my back and look up to see Brooke, leaning against my body, embracing me.

"are you okay?" she starts, watching me put my face back in my hands as I sigh, not even wanting to discuss any part of my life with her.

"i'm good" i say hesitantly, moving from up under her touch and standing up, grabbing my things off the counter.

she steps back away from, i guess taking the very evident hint,looking up at me with a very confused look on her face.

"so what jah, i can't touch you now?" she says, stepping closer to me, looking up at me and crossing her arms.

i chuckle before rolling my eyes and walking towards the door and responding as i laugh. "not if you want to keep your limbs" i say and i hear her softly gasp.

"so i'm just good enough to suck you off, but not to touch you" she says, audibly offended.

"you got it." i say turning the doorknob to leave out the front door. "and tell them niggas, im out" i continue before walking out the house and letting the door shut behind me.

nova
9:30 p.m

Ever since I talked to jah, i've been trying to think of a plan to get out of the house early without my grandma noticing and i was still at square one. I step out of the shower drying my body off as i ignore myself walking past the mirror into my bedroom.

"oh my god" i mumble to myself as i rummage through my drawers looking for something to wear. finally settling on a pair of black leggings and a black nike hoodie. I always thought i look good in black, which is always my go-to color choice.

I finally decide with myself that i'm just going to leave— or sneak out rather. what can she really do? i'm 18, and im going to have to venture out sometime, so why not now? In the middle of my thoughts my phone vibrates.