2. Partners?

(Not my drawing, credit to the artist. I found it on Pinterest.)

Friday, June 11. 18:00

Bakugo and Deku were both extremely confused at this point, why had Aizawa and Hizashi put them together for the Disney trip? The truth behind it was that the teachers all thought the reason Bakugo 'hated' Deku was because he actually had feelings for him, but didn't know how to deal with them.  Whether or not they were right remains unseen, especially since Bakugo had come down to Aizawa's office to ask him about switching partners.

Bakugo

"Hey Aizawa-Sensei. What's up with putting fuckin Deku and I together huh? You really think either of us would be ok with that? Change it." Zero manners; no shits left to give basically. Bakugo was fuming right now, he didn't know why he was paired with Deku, and he didn't understand his own emotions right now which made him even angrier. 

"I figured you might be upset at first, but I know you were childhood friends, so I thought maybe you would want to have some time to reintroduce yourselves. And uh, no. Mic and I already put in enough effort into that list so I'm not changing it, you'll have to figure it out yourself like an adult." He shut his door in Bakugo's face and the hothead went into the dining room to see what was happening with dinner.

He saw Kirishima talking with Kaminari and decided to see what they were going on about.

"Hey shitheads." 

"Hey Bakugo! Did you talk to Midoriya at all?" They both looked at him as Kirishima asked.

"Yeah, a little. I also asked Aizawa to change our partners but he said he wouldn't. I'm stuck with Deku."

"haha!! I got your bestieeee and you got the one guy you haaaate!!" Kaminari teased. He stopped though as soon as he saw Bakugo's face, the death glare he was getting was hella intense. 

"Fuck off Pikachu, and for the record, I don't HATE Deku. I just can't stand him, that's all." Kirishima looked confused, but he shrugged it off as he and Kaminari headed over to the TV. He looked around for something to do and he saw Uraraka talking to Deku rather excitedly. She got in his face again, and Bakugo noticed the nerd get super red and back away, then looking over and seeing him watching the interaction. Fuck I was staring. That's not weird at all, goddammit bakugo play it off.

Midoriya

"Oh, hey Bakugo. I didn't know you were here, I guess I'll check on dinner later on." He had parted ways with Uraraka and was headed to the kitchen to see what was smelling so good, only to see Bakugo there already. "I didn't mean to bug you." He turned to leave and headed back up the stairs to his dorm, Bakugo silently watching him. I feel like shit right now. Why though? I've always been able to just ignore him and go on with my life, why do I want him to talk to me now? I almost want him to stop me from going upstairs, to just say something like 'lets make the best of the trip' or god I don't even know. That's not how he is though, by now he probably doesn't even want to go on the trip.

Lost in thought, he found himself unlocking the door to his room, and giving the door a push to close. He realized he hadn't actually heard the door close, so he looked over, and found Kacchan in the doorway. What is he doing here?

"Uh-" He started, but was interrupted by Bakugo.

"Don't say anything. Listen, how about we do some light shopping tomorrow and get anything we might need for the plane ride? I'll be waiting outside the dorm building at 11:00 and if you want to come with me then be there, if you don't then don't." He shut the door and left up to his own room.