He raised his hand. "Don't. You can't say whatever you were going to say."

I clicked my tongue.

"I ran because I -"

"Shut up !" he yelled. "Don't make me cut your tongue."

I walked up to him with resolve and kneeled at his feet.

"Let me in. Just for today." I pleaded. He stayed silent, and I continued.

"I ran because I wanted to be the one to ease your pain." I whispered. 

"You must think I'm crazy, running to the one who wants me agonizing to death." I chuckled at myself for being really stupid. "But, I think you're hurting yourself by hurting me."

"You're mistaken." he let out.

"Would kill me right now if you could?" I asked.

"If I could you'd already be dead." he said curtly.

I smiled and climbed up on his knees. He slouched back, frozen by the unexpected. I slid as close to him as I could and unbuttoned the first three buttons of my blouse. He was good at telling lies, but his actions always betrayed him. He brushed off strands of hair off my face, gently.

His eyes were glistening, holding the melancholy I saw earlier. I felt guilty for what my family did to him. I didn't agree with how he dealt with it but still, how deep can you love someone to be this pained ? How hurt can you be to dedicate your life to avenge the ones you loved? I didn't know, so I couldn't judge.

I took my pendant in my hand.

"If this was to disappear, you could end my life?" I asked.

He narrowed his eyes, and nodded.

I smiled, while I started to undo the knot that was holding my necklace together.

He grabbed my hand. "What are you doing?" he breathed sharply.

I brought my thumb to his lips and gently brushed them as I did in front of the shrine earlier. His lips parted again. I knew what he wanted, because I wanted it too. My heart started pounding against my chest, both from wanting to kiss him and being afraid of the outcome from what I was about to do.

"I'm showing you who you really are." I told as I pulled the knot undone. My pendant fell on my cleavage, and I grabbed it. Our eyes were locked.

"Here." I said, offering him the triangle shaped moonstone. But he didn't take it. His eyes were piercing my soul.

I placed the pendant on the couch next to us.

"I won't resist." I said.

If he was going to torture me for years until I let him kill me, dying right now was a better option. I was prepared to die if I was mistaken, I had no room for wrong choices.

"Are you not afraid ?"

"The first time we met, I walked up to you thinking I was going to die." I chuckled. "I think I've been ready to die ever since."

He caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"I liked it when you did that," he confessed. " that's what made me not try to kill you on the spot." he half smiled.

All this time I thought he didn't kill me right away because of my necklace.

I could feel the tension growing between us as he grabbed my thighs and pulled me closer. I passed my hands in his hair, silky strands were slipping through my fingers.

"Only today." he whispered. "Starting tomorrow, you'll wish I didn't take your life tonight."

I leaned toward him.