1. what a weird bday

Tommy wakes up early, ready to start his day!

It was his birthday today! He felt like he's been 16 forever...

He fixes his bed and hops into the shower, humming a tune that he's heard in his grandparent's radio. It was a nice tune to be honest. After hours of searching in the internet, he's finally found out what it was. It was a song by tally hall; hidden in the sand.

After he gets out of the shower he picks out another one of his red and white t-shirts. This time though he got one that he labeled as his lucky t-shirt, which had a little embroidered moth on his chest.

People in his class called him weird for liking moths. 

How dare they.

Usually they would wind up with their ears bleeding because of all the arguments and shouts and swears that tommy would throw at them for insulting moths; who does that??? Only a prick would.

Because of that, he was known as the loud kid. He wasn't exactly popular, per se. Nor was he a loser. I mean..... slightly a loser. He would rate himself a -2 in the popularity ranks.

He brushes his fluffy blonde hair, but no matter how much he tried to comb them down they always somehow fluff back up again. Weird. The con is that his parents would always ruffle his hair when he spent so much time on it! Kind of annoying.

He was so excited! like... he's turning 17 now!! finally, he sighs.

He wont be called a child for the next few months.

The windows hardly had any sunshine shining through. He woke up a little too early. Pff- 5:40 am is fine.

Tommy slammed open his door, probably waking his parents, but who cares? That's what he was going to do anyways.

"Mum, Dad! It's my birthday!" He looked out the hallway to see a party ready, but both his parents are asleep on the couch. The party had streamers, balloons, a gift pile, a table with food??? This is wonderful.

He inspected his parents, to see bags under their eyes for preparing the whole night. They knew the big man was so excited for his birthday.

Apparently they invited their family members to come. Not like Tommy had any friends.

The party was on 10, so he woke up a tad too early.

So, to thank his parents he took a sticky note from his desk and wrote a little thank you on it.

But he had to make it short. It was his birthday, he should be getting all the praise. But he wanted to thank his parents, so this is just one exception.

---

It was finally 10 am! 
parents got at least 6 hours of sleep pog?

Anyways, there was a LOT of people.

Like, some of the relatives he didn't even know!

He encounters a petite woman; She wore wide rimmed sunglasses, a weird cheetah patterned dress, an expensive looking bag, a pixie cut and a sun hat. Why a sun hat??? You're indoors.

"Mum, who's this?" Tommy whispered to his mum.

"Its your aunt! She lives in the states, I told you about her, didn't you listen?" She whisper-shouted back.

Now here is the problem; he never listens.

"Oh! Yeahhhh, about her... What was her name again?" Tommy said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Aunt Sherryl."

"Yeah!" Tommy smiles, slowly walking backward, hoping his mum wont make him-

"Tommy, go greet her!" 

DAMN IT TOMMY YOU WERE TOO SLOW TO RUN AWAY!

Tommy begrudgingly walked toward her.

 "Oh hello Tom-Tom! You look so grown up!" She fawned, "You used to be so young when I babysat you!"

That was years ago.

He can't remember her at all.

"Good morning, Auntie." He forced himself to say.

"Oh how I always wanted a polite young baby boy!" She sighs. "Well, you're my baby for today, so-"

She drags Tommy to the nearby couch, showing him pictures of her travels.

"That one was when I was in Brazil, and this one when I was at Paris! You should really come spend more time with Auntie Sherryl, Tom-Tom!"

Why is she treating me like a child? I'M 17 NOW I'M A BIG MAN!  

In the corner of his eye, he can see his mom with a frown. Probably jealous that his aunt is treating him like her own.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I wanted to give this to you first,"

She hands him a small heart shaped pocket watch. It was a red heart, with a clock inside, and on the right side are a few buttons. He closed it.

(it's designed like a hardcore heart)

He'll inspect it later.

"You find it cool, Tom-Tom?"

"Yeah, thank you."

---

The birthday went as planned. He ate alot of cake, so he was like, really full. He could hardly move!

He took out the little pocket watch, and inspected the buttons.

On the left part was a glass clock, and beside it was a dial, from 1 second to forever. On the right are more buttons, one being a switch that had the options (wakeable) or (unwakeable). And lastly, a pink button that was labeled 'Start!'

Why was that there?

He found the instructions on the side wedged into a slot.

"Hello, user! This is an all new 'best friend maker'! I really need to work on that name, but you may be wondering, 'how do I use this wonderful machine?' Well first, turn the dial into how long you want to be in the Mind Space. And select if you want to be wakeable, or unwakeable. That means you can wake up at any time, even with the timer! Unwakable prevents you from leaving until the timer is up. Press the start button on the bottom of the heart to go to the Mind Space."

Okay? What a weird thing.

Tommy turned the dial to 30 minutes.

It'll be fine, he won't put it on unwakeable.

" Well, here goes nothing! "

He pressed the button.

--- :DD

YEAHH HHHH BOOK START