017. When Push Comes To Shove

Start from the beginning

       "It says that the High Inquisitor has the power to inspect all of the teachers," Hermione explained sliding the paper back to the center.

       "You're joking!" huffed Harry. He was just as tired of seeing Umbridge in every corner as Venus was.

       "That's not all," said Hermione, "they also have the power to sack teachers as well."

       Along the Gryffindor table Fred and George march by, "So, seen the news have you?" said Fred.

       "Personally, I envy you five," added George.

       "What'd you mean by that?" asked Venus.

       "Umbridge is inspecting McGonagall in your period. That old toad won't know what hit her," said George looking at Fred wistfully. "Oh, to be youth again, to experience the innocent glee of watching Umbridge be destroyed by the greatest Head of Gryffindor this century."

       "Venus! Venus!" shouted Cordelia. Her little legs dashing toward her and her small arms enveloping around her neck. "I heard about the half-breed thing..." She felt a lump in her throat. There was about a thousand things Cordelia could say at the moment, but "I don't care" wasn't one that she expected. Venus was going to respond when she was hit with severe coldness. It wasn't a chill or a frigid breeze, it was a cup of freezing cold water being pitched at her face. Pansy Parkinson stood above her, an empty glass in her hands and a hideous scowl situated on her lips.

       "Oh, I'm quite disappointed," Pansy drawled. "Was hoping you'd at least melt, you filthy half-breed."

       The silence in the Great Hall was so deafening the sound of the leaves dancing could be heard. The unbroken stillness in the dining hall led her to infer that everyone was watching the dispute.

Venus formally stood from the Gryffindor bench calmly wiping the water from her eyes. It was as if the spirit of Tonks possessed Venus, her hands gripped a cup of Pumpkin Juice and poured it over Pansy's head.

Without warning, Venus threw her hand as far as she could, whipping it across her face. The crack of skin contacting skin echoed off the walls. Venus ignored the vibrations running up and down her palm when she pounced onto Pansy pulling and scratching at her. Students in the hall surrounded them, cheering and chanting excitedly as the girls fought in the middle of the chamber.

       "What is going on in here!" The shrill voice of Professor McGonagall said. "Fred, George! Get a hold of Rosario this instant!"

      Mid-slap Venus was pulled off of Pansy still thrashing her limbs erratically trying to get at her. "Want to keep talking, Pug-face!"

       Pansy shot toward her at the speed of light, taking ahold of her robes. Venus picked her legs up and kicked Pansy off her, the Slytherin girl slamming back onto the floor.

       "Crabbe, Goyle! Apprehend Parkinson, immediately!" Snape bellowed, the chanting students silenced once the voice of Snape echoed throughout the hall, "What is going on here?"

       "She just attacked me out of nowhere!" Pansy lied, forced tears welling in her eyes.

       "That's a lie!" argued Constance, and she had already stood from her seat with Hermione, Harry and Ron.