I proceeded to Hailey's room, she always bolted every time something was troubling her... in this case I was and so was my brother. I appeared in her doorway, only to see her bent over her laptop. "Can we talk?" I had asked but received no answer, whatever she was looking at was way more interesting than talking to me I guess but why would she? I hurt her. I stood motionless trying to see what was on the screen but from the rays of the sun shining into the room and the bright light from the screen i got no luck. I moved closer to her to get her attention but still nothing. What does a guy have to do get some attention? I sat there, studying her, watching her, the laptop was distracting. Get rid of it. I slammed the device shut just as she was about to type on the keyboard, I could tell she was shocked by the sudden movement, I wanted her attention.

The purpose of me coming to her room was to apologize, solely apologize. I had no other explanation for hurting her other than the fact that Jason forced me to what else was I supposed to say? I don't think she noticed but I did.. the very second I mentioned Jason's name, in fact she didn't even let me finish my sentence, I knew she was angry but that's what I wanted: to fuel her anger, her rage. I wanted her to take it out on me, give it to me, all of it. It's what I deserved for the way I treated her, for not being the guy that she needed, wanted. What she said next, I was not expecting it at all.

"I don't care how much you run from it, how much you hide from it but face it Alex, you're just like your twisted, sick, unstable, helpless, murder killing, abusive brother"

Me? Like my brother?

Twisted
I am not

Sick
That's all him

Unstable
I'm stable enough

Helpless
Maybe a little

Murder killing
It's my way of survival

Abusive
When the hell have I ever laid a hand on her or any woman or anyone in my life? Never!

Hailey has no idea what she's talking about but that did it, I will never be like my brother. I would be lying if I didn't admit that every adjective that she said towards my brother didn't stab me in the chest, I felt every word that escaped her lips but I also knew that it was out of anger, that's what she felt: anger but so did I.

"I'm not like him"

I was now on my feet. I couldn't bare to sit in front of her any longer after attacking me with these names that just simply weren't who I am or the person she perceives me to be, sure I hurt her but I'm not my brother.

"When are you going to stop denying it" she was now on her feet facing me. "You McCanns are murderous" she started stepping closer towards me "You kill for the pleasure of it don't you" I stepped back. "You love pointing pistols, pulling triggers, throwing down stools, you love seeing the life being taken away from an innocent human being don't you" a small smirk was now placed against her lips. I was now backed up against the window sill. Was she really about to throw me out of the window right here and now? Was I about to reach my own death faced down on a pavement? Did she really have it in her to kill me? End me... right I'm a McCann she hates us.

....
I wanted him to feel what I felt. I wanted him to hurt like I did. The curtains blew in the wind and the sun was now shone on our faces, I could see the fear in Alex's eyes as he neared the windowsill nowhere to run, hide or step, it was just us, foreseen death and the windowsill. I gazed into his eyes that were no longer twinkling, he was scared, panicking. I could picture Jason's horrific face after hearing his brother fall to his death on the concrete, his body hitting the ground so suddenly, his bones crushing. This isn't the way a person should go. Do the McCanns deserve to go like that? No, no one should but seeing Alex McCann fearful for his own life is extremely satisfying.