Chapter 2 - So we meet again...

Start from the beginning

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

at camp

Cass, Rapunzel, Sophie and Varian returned to camp.

Sophie and Varian sat on the cliffside looking out over the city when Rapunzel walks up.

"Hey, uh Sophie? Could I talk to Varian for a moment... alone?"

Sophie glances at Varian then hesitantly gets up and walks over to the horses and her fox who's teasing them.

Once She had gone, Rapunzel sits down, "So, the past few weeks have been slightly... interesting huh?" She looks at Varian who is just gazing down the cliff.

Rapunzel sighs, "I just wanted to see if we could work things out and be frien-"

Varian looks up, "Princess, we will NEVER be friends, not now, not ever. I'm only here because of (__) and Sophie."

He sighs deeply, "I don't know how, but (__) connects the groups." Varian looks directly into Rapunzel's eyes, "If you really want any chance of us being friends again, I'd suggest you leave me alone."

Rapunzel frowns and gets up, "I understand." She walks away slightly, "But uh, Varian."

He hums in reply, glancing down at the cliffside again.

"Even if you can't forgive me, I forgive you." Rapunzel walks away leaving Varian in shock.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

In town

You're getting as many supplies as you can when Eugene walks up to you, "Sooo, Hows your day going?"

You shrug, "Well, no one's died."

"THOSE are your standards?! I mean-" he clears his throat.

"So uh, saved the Kingdom again, huh? I mean maybe joining Varian's side wasn't the best decision, but I'm sure there was a reason for it, right? I mean knowing you there would be."

You look up at him, "Yeah, there was. But I'm only gonna tell the whole story behind it when Varian is comfortable on telling it."

Eugene smiles lightly, "You really are loyal to that kid, aren't ya? Shame it didn't work out for-"

"Woah, Woah hold up a sec! What do you mean 'it didn't work out'." Suddenly you realise then you facepalm, "You told Varian I broke up with him, didn't you!?"

Eugene rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, "Didn't you? ...Oops."

"No, I definitely didn't!" You sigh, "Can we change the subject before meeting the boys with the supplies?"

"Yeah, that would be a good idea. Oh uh, (__)?"

"Yeah?"

He puts his hand on your shoulder, "Its good to have you back with us, Lil sis. Shall we go meet the others then go back to camp?"

You smile lightly, "Yeah, let's go."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_