Part 13 - the necklace

I wake up and see the door wide open

I get up from the bed and walk downstairs.

Cedric is already awake. He looks at me with a sly smile, "What?" I ask, sitting down next to him,

"You and Oliver, huh? I knew it"

"Shove off" I reply and he gives me a sly smile "Nothing happened. Honestly."

For the rest of the day, Cedric kept a close eye on us. When it was time to open one gift before we head to sleep Cedric gave me a small box

"What's this?" I say raise my eyebrow "You didn't put snakes in here did you?" I say holding the box away from me.

He chuckles and says "No it was delivered to the house before you went to bed. We don't know who sent it."

I look back at the small box

"Well open it." Aunt Margie says. At this point everyone is looking at me.

I open the box and a golden necklace is inside. I put the box down and examine the necklace. The necklace was a double layered necklace. The top layer was a choker type necklace with small beads. The bottom layer of the necklace was a bit longer and there was a golden smart charm shaped as a sun. In the middle of the sun was a small diamond.

"It's beautiful," I say, still staring at the necklace.

Aunt Margie comes over and pushes my hair out of her way. She puts the necklace on me and I run to the nearest mirror to see how I looked.

Once I am in front of a mirror I smile at myself, I really do look beautiful, I say to myself as I head back downstairs.

Once the rest of the family opens their gifts we head to bed. It has to be midnight but for some reason, I can't sleep.

I head downstairs and flinch when I see Oliver sitting on the couch reading "Hey" I say as I head to sit on the couch that's next to the one he is sitting in.

He has a glass of warm milk and cinnamon on top of it. And next to him is a bowl of popcorn.

Then I remember "'Popcorn' 'What else' 'Cinnamon I believe.'"

shit

It all coming together

"Want some?" Oliver asks, passing me the bowl of popcorn. I take the bowl and he looks at me

"Did you send me the necklace?" I ask looking at him

"I don't know what you're talking about," he says smiling at his book.

I give a small smile, knowing he was the one that gave it to me.

"Well whoever gave it to me" I lean over to near him "They have great taste in jewelry" I say holding the necklace on my neck.

He looks over at me and I see his face grow pink. I lean over closer and kiss his cheek. He blushes even harder and smiles at his book.

I place the bowl on the coffee table in front of me and walk up the stairs to my room. Suddenly I drift to sleep.