About Face Pt 2

[Halsey imagine]

~Your POV~
You were standing in the hallway right outside Ashley's room. Your heart almost thumping out of your body, you knock on the door. No response.
"Ashley please open the door so I can talk to you. Please.." you said the last word almost whimpering.
She meant so much to you and you didn't want to lose her. I mean.. was what happened your fault..?.. it didn't matter. Ashley was that one person in the world you didn't want to lose under any circumstance.

"Ash.. please.." you said again. You heard soft footsteps and the door opened ever so slightly. Ashley's cute head of curls peeked through the door but she didn't bring her eyes to meet yours. Her eyes actually were puffy and red and filled with tears. You were immediately filled with the familiar sinking feeling in your stomach you got whenever you see Ashley crying over some douchebag that had the audacity to break her heart. You hated seeing her sad.

~Ashley's POV~
"Ash.. can I come in so we can talk?" She asked me. My heart still flutters every time she calls me by the nickname she made for me. "Yeah.." you replied softly.

She walked in and you sat down on the bed, pulling your knees up and resting your chin on them. She sat down next to you. You were expecting her to end the friendship you shared. To yell at you for crossing boundaries. Instead she did something unexpected, she gently took your chin in her hand and moved your face so you were looking at her.

"What was that back there?" She gently asked you. "I'm really sorry y/n I shouldn't have done that. I understand if you don't wanna be roommates anymore.." I said and the tears automatically filled up my eyes. "What? No no" she said with a chuckle "Of course I still wanna be your roommate you dum ass I wouldn't pick anyone in the world over you to be my roomie" she said with a big smile on her face. I couldn't help the heat that rushed to my cheeks covering it with a tint of red. "Really?" I asked. "Well DUHH" she said a bit louder than expected. She suddenly put on a serious face, "I do have something to ask you.. that back there.. all that flirting and everything.. and..the kiss.. am I delusional and a bit in my head or did those things actually mean something to you? Or was it just for fun..?" She said the last bit in a quiet way without looking me in the eyes, all her confidence gone.

"No." I replied. She instantly lifted her head and looked me in the eyes, "It meant the whole world to me." " y/n I have something to confess to you." I went on, "I like you. Like really-really-really like you. Like I would pick just hanging out with you eating junk and watching a lame TV show over anything else-I honestly don't know if you feel the same way and I've been feeling this way for a long long time and I've been trying to keep it to myself but I can't do this any longer I just had to tell you. I didn't even know if you liked girls or not and you've never dated anyone the whole time I knew you a-and-oh god I have so much I want to tell you- uh-" you were cut off by y/n's hand pulling you by your top and kissing you passionately you were shocked by what was happening but started kissing her back. You moved your lips in sync till she pulled away and laid her forehead on yours.

"I've liked you for a really long time too Ashley Frangipane" she said with a smirk on her lips.