chapter 21.

"I love you ."

May had been drifting in and out of consciousness for a while now mumbling words here and there but not quite opening her eyes after the surgery was performed on her. She felt numb except the dulling pain on her head. But that voice made her want to open her eyes and hold the owner so close to her and kiss him and tell him how she felt but she felt so heavily drugged and soon enough she fell back asleep.

Reece had not left the hospital since they arrived the day before. Mays father volunteered to get them lunch for them since they had been so worried they lost their appetite. Mr Anthony was so angry when he received the frantic call from Reece his business partner telling him what that son of a bitch did to his Bambi. He immediately rushed to the hospital to see her.

They both sat down in the waiting room when she was undergoing surgery trying to give words of comfort to each other. Mr Anthony liked Reece very much which was why he decided to play matchmaker at Mays empires opening. They were business partners , but Reece had gradually grown on the man with time. Mr Anthony was amazed at how such a young man built such an empire all by himself. So he took it upon himself to match his daughter with him and to his happiness they both clicked . He never really liked her former boyfriend . He spoke more about himself than anything at family dinners but because he thought his daughter was happy he refrained from giving him a good beating at the time. But what he just did to his Bambi made him promise the next time he saw him he'll beat the shit out of him. He might be in his late forties but he packed a powerful hook.

May was stirring awake now. She could feel her body and move her fingers now. She opened her eyes and looked at Reece whose back was to her as he looked out of the window clad in a dark jeans and a black shirt that clung to his muscles deliciously. He had a phone to his ear as he spoke rapidly in Italian to someone on the other line. She watched him until he was done with his call before she spoke.

" Hello hotshot."

Reece's phone almost dropped out of his hands with excitement as he turned to face his tesoro. He ran over to her and showered her with a hug and loving kisses all over her face saying sweet words into her ear.

" My love. Are you okay? You scared the crap out of me . God i was so scared I would loose you. I love you baby so damn much. "

May freezed . She thought she was actually imagining him saying he loved her she felt like she could burst and all that would come out of her is sparkles , unicorns and candies. She didn't even feel so much pain as she did before just because of his words.

So she reached up after struggling with the wires connected to her body and pulled him to her . Kissing him deeper than she had before. That kiss held so much emotion in it her heart rate monitor started beating faster. Reece was overwhelmed with happiness as he held his woman in his arms and ravished her with kisses. He deepened their kiss , tongues fighting for dominance Reece eventually winning.

Soon May pulled away and they stated into each other's eyes relishing in that moment.

" I love you too hot shot. I don't know what I'd do without you. Don't break my heart you big oaf cause it's yours now. "

He gave her lips a quick peck and replied.

" You have my word my love. I would never."

" Where's blue ? I want to see him. "

" He's with Irene at home. I brought fluff from your apartment and took him home so blue could have company. They both seem to like each other so much."

" Aww. My babies. I can't wait to get out and see them."

" Don't worry baby. I'll go get blue and bring him back here. The hospital doesn't allow pets in it so you'll have to wait a little longer to see fluff. "

" Oh okay. Hurry up okay and be safe. "
She said to him as he leaned down and gave her one last kiss on the cheek whispering I love you and then leaving.

She was so giddy she smiled so hard. The door soon opened revealing her father." Dad! " she squealed like she was still a little girl.

" Oh Bambi . Look what that demon did to my baby I'm gonna make sure he pays for this. "

She pulled him into a hug and told him she was feeling better and he need not worry but soon enough her nose caught whiff of something delicious.

" Dad , not to spoil the moment but what did you bring with you. I could eat a whale. " She said as her dad laughed loudly.

" I almost forgot you were one big foodie." He said as he pulled out the food . Burgers , fries , milkshakes and a big Oreo chocolate ice cream tub he bought last minute.

That last item almost made May melt with excitement.

Vote. Comment. Share❤️