PAGE 23

A/N - Apologies for late update I was completing my Kai x reader book and now I will be back to updating this book as frequently as I can.

Hawks waits for the other Pro heroes to catch up to him he will not approach the target without a plan and he hates the annoying mask he has to wear it's uncomfortable and not his size, now he wishes he took Rei up on the offer of waiting a while longer for the tailored mask.

"The Pro Hero Hawks, bold of you to be here when you should be at your agency getting anything of importance out of there because it's about to get blown sky high and to bits and pieces."

Hawks keeps a straight face that works on his enemy, but deep down he's worried about Rei he was sure the most obvious place would be the last place any one would look.

Rei walks into the place carefully tucking the boys in hiding their wings. Keiko looks around the place playing with his teething toy while his brother is a lot more fussy. "Good evening miss, how may I help you?"

She looks up and orders a simple milkshake sceptic she'll have enough time to enjoy an actual full meal with fussy twins. "Mind if I get a spoon with this?" The waiter nods rushing to the kitchen to get her a spoon Rei scoops up a spoon full of milkshake hoping they will at least like the sweet taste they haven't been eating much.

"Dude, that can't be Rei Taisho she doesn't have any kids." The chef behind the kitchen comments peering through the small opening watching Rei order small fries and another milkshake since the twins are actually enjoying the first one.

She looks up smiling at her security detail that she ditched at the agency, "They got hungry." Rei justifies before she gets scolded. "Whatever."

The kitchen crew at the back peer through watching as one of the twins is restless. Rei picks Kaito up his little feet kicking in his blanket. "I think they miss their dad."

Rei smiles at the Pro in uniform, "Maybe, or he's just a sleepy head that likes to be very fussy about it. Right?" Kaito stops crying as she rocks him back and forth.

A group of kids who usually hang out after band practice walk into the shop making noise fighting over what they want to eat. Rei puts Kaito down picking up Keiko who's most likely to wake up from the noise unlike his brother breezing through on his sleeping boat not paying any mind to anyone around him.

Hawks attacks his opponent again he's noticed that his quirk is not the one he's looking for. "This isn't the zombifire, we're wasting time here."

"Are you sure Hawks?" He turns to the Pro and nods, "I remember what the Zombifire looks like that is not the zombifire. If he's not here he has to be with the others protecting the girl."

Kendo looks around the station is warped with more and more people bit by bit. Dabi walks through carrying Eri while the others change position making it look like Eri is still at the scene. "Are you alright?"

Eri nods holding her horn that's tingling non-stop. Dani turns his head spotting Rei making her way back to the agency the boys awake again.

"Stay well hidden and take the hood off, if anything goes wrong find me I'll be right outside for now rest up. Eri recognizes Kendo walking through the crowd of people standing next to her.

Rei stops in her tracks when she spots the familiar hood Dabi waiting for her to come in closer, " Mind giving us some privacy? I think checking on the guys at the agency is in order."

He nods getting to the agency when he tells the others he left her with Dani they freak. "He's still a villain to us, hurry up and check on her everyone move out don't assume he's not alone."

Dabi squats down stroking Kaito's cheek with his index finger. The baby grabs his finger pulling it into his mouth. "Ey, watch it you'll get burnt." Dabi sets his finger on fire Rei shrieks punching him on the top of his head.

Kaito reaches for the blue flames his fit of giggles puzzling them both, "I think he has an immunity to fire like you do." Rei rolls her eyes squaring down next to him, "Chaa, I can see that. His amusement pretty much gave it away."

Dabi turns his head flicking her forehead, "That's enough smart ass I don't think he appreciates your annoying voice." Dabi points to Kai who grabs his finger Dabi snorts when his gums tickle him. Rei's widen. "Are you ticklish?" She gasps and Dabi jumps away putting her in a position where she can't come near him and be too far from the boys.

Rei gets pissed off taking a rock throwing it at him detonating it right in his face he doesn't flinch knowing she wouldn't hurt him. At the same time a huge explosion goes off all the side kicks who were in the building are now in front of the police station looking back shocked they made it out in time.

Kendo looks around her eyes widen when Dabi has an arm wrapped around Rei's waist as they talk. "Huh! Well can't say I'm not surprised I was going to blow it up myself one of these days anyway." Rei elbows Dabi.
"Why would you do that?"

Dabi shrugs his shoulder casually, "He was breaking your heart, thought I'd teach him a lesson by giving him an excuse to stay at home with you when he woke up, I mean the bastard just jumped out of bed and the first thing he does is be a Pro."

They lock eyes confusing Kendo even more, "Not true, on the night of the first attack he was with me he abandoned his post to be with his family and we had such a romantic evening." She rests her head on the side of his arm locking their arms together. "It was really amazing. He made up for it in a single day."

Dabi smiles when she smiles up at him, "Good, but I'm still glad his agency got blown up." Rei smiles too, "Me too. Now he has to come to me to redesign his new agency and I'll start making money out of him."

Dabi laughs. "You know, Mez and Aiden are somewhere close by, think your sister is as stubborn as you and somewhere around?" Rei shakes her head, "Call her, she won't abandon her post especially when lives are at stake."

Dabi pulls on Rei's cheek, "Ow!" Rei complains and Dabi glares at her, "What the hell is wrong with you to not do the same?" She points at the agency, "Because it keeps me alive." Dabi chuckles. "Fair point."

"Toya?" Rei clutches onto Dabi tighter, "Stay calm this isn't who you think it is, this is Aidens mother."  Rei turns to Dabi, "That is exactly who I think it is!" Dabi pats the top of her head, "Stay calm, I mean it this is not who you think it is."

Rei blinks twice and three times before looking at her one more time. "I'm so outta here."

"Call Mez."

"Sure." Kendo looks surprised at the way Rei is glaring at her. "You guys cool with the boys? I want to call my sister."

"Yeah, no problem."

Kendo tilts Dabi's head back in her direction, "Who the hell is that?" Dabi  narrows his eyes at Kendo, "Where the hell have you been?" Kendo clenches her jaws, "You know where I was."

"You left your son here, did you really just get comfortable and forget about him? No calls no texts nothing. Where the hell were you?"

She crosses her arms narrowing her eyes she isn't lying about her whereabouts. "You know where I was." Dabi pinches the crook of his neck, "I'll rephrase and ask you straightforwardly, who the hell were you with?"

"My friends, look I'll call from now on."

"You're going back?" Dabi clenches his jaw taking a step away from her. "Fine, leave and don't fucking come back." Dabi crosses the road walking behind Rei who keeps her mouth shut she knows better than to ask him to talk about it when he clearly doesn't want to.

"He can't see you like this Dabi." He turns his head, "I fucking hate her." She takes his hand into his, "Hey, you'll be just fine right now get your priorities straight."

"I don't get why it has to hurt so much."

"It's heartbreak, take your time to heal."

"Still fucking sucks."