2. Dinner and a Show

I'm not sure if I should shorten the chapters and have lots of chapters, or keep the word count high and leave it to few chapters.

In the morning Lacy woke with a massive head ache. The lack of sleep hit her hard. Lacy needed coffee and quick. Going to her bag, she put on a tight pair of jeans and a green comfy sweater. She quickly powdered her face, and applied red lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. Lacy rushed to the hotel restaurant ordering eggs and sausage and the biggest coffee cup they had.

"Ready to lose our bet?" Lacy felt her body relax at the mans voice behind her.

"Well the bets not bad for me either way." She shrugged with a smile. Benny laughed as he took a seat across from her. "Plus I'll always bet on you losing." She teased looking into his brown eyes.

"Bet on me or not, I have all the confidence that I will win." Benny stopped noticing the bags under Lacy's eyes. "Jeez, you look like you didn't sleep at all." He looked at her with a concerned face. Lacy rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Way to make a girl feel good about herself in the morning." She laughed brushing a piece of hair out of her face.

"What? Too busy dreaming about me?" He joked. If only you knew. She thought.

"Something like that." When Lacy realize what she said she quickly covered it. "I was busy doing my work when I got too carried away. Next thing it knew I had only slept two hours." She groaned. Her food and coffee came and she smiled looking down at it taking a long sip.

"Well, I have to finish getting ready to win our bet. See you there?" He stood up waiting for a reply.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Lacy said sarcastically, causing Benny to laugh. He scooped grabbed a piece of her sausage and retreated to the door. "Hey!" Lacy yelled at him, only getting a cheeky smile and wave back. Lacy shook her head laughing, as she stared to eat.

------

Lacy had prepared all her equipment she would need for this match, than made her way down to where the match was being held. Lacy sat in the front row watching as Beth and Benny walked to their positions. Benny had turned to Lacy and gave a wink, making her face go red.

Lacy recorded every move, every glance to the opponent, anything that would make the readers feel like the had actually seen the match themselves. That's when Lacy saw she was going to lose their little bet. Her heart broke for Beth, knowing how much she wanted to win.

After the match Lacy decided to congratulate Benny. The crowd of people made it a little difficult, but when he saw her his face changed from a gloating smile, so a real one. She walked you to him with complete confidence. "Looks like I should have place my bet on you." She shrugged.

"Well did you really think I would lose?" He smirked at her.

"You're right. I didn't." She grabbed her note pad, writing her number and address back in New York on it. "Give me a call when you get back to New York for dinner." Lacy looked him straight in thee eyes.

Benny frowned a little. "You're not going stay for my victory party?" He asked over the noise of people talking.

"Afraid I can't, too much work back home. Besides you technically didn't fully win." She gave a small smile, as she teased him.

"Way to break a winning mans heart." Benny's smile returned as he clutched his heart. Lacy rolled her eyes.

"Whatever drama queen, I should be going." She checked her watch. Benny nodded taking her hand and kissing the top of it.

"See you soon darling." He tipped his hat like tradition. Lacy gave a sad smile, hoping she could hide that she was actually sad to say goodbye.

------