XXIX. Parent and Child

Start from the beginning

"It's not good to be picky about your food. I thought this might be a good chance to get you over that." Naoko said.

"What "chance"? This isn't a special day or anything." Subaru said.

"Very naïve of you, Subaru. Today is... No, every moment of every day is a precious, once-in-a-lifetime moment." Kenichi said as they started to pass the bowl sneakily to one another.

"That's irrelevant right now. I'm digging in." Subaru said.

"Yes, go right ahead." Naoko said.

"What do they call of this?" Mildo asked as he opens the fridge.

"Woah! What is this? *eats chocolate* Mmm! Delicious!" The fat kid exclaimed.

"Hey! How in the heck you opened the fridge and managed to eat one of their food?!" Kazuma shrieked and stops Mildo from getting more.

"That's too many peas out there!" Anastasia said while looking at Subaru's family.

"Mhmm! Delicious!" Mimi exclaimed while eating a burger from the fridge.

"And how did you get one burger from the fridge?!" Tanya angrily asked.

"Subaru-kun likes more food on his bowl? I see!" Rem said with a determined look.

"What's with the look, Rem-san?" Otto asked.

"I've always wondered... Why the mix of Japanese and Western dishes?" Subaru asked while picking up the soup.

"My favorite thing to put in miso soup is wakame seaweed, and I like strawberry jam on my toast." Naoko said. Kenichi on the other hand passed the bowl to Subaru.

"What are we gonna do with this? We just keep passing it around..." Subaru said.

"Well, I hate peas, you know." Naoki said.

"And you were trying to make me stop being picky?!" Subaru whined.

"Don't get the wrong idea, though. I hate all foods that are tiny and round." Naoki said.

"I didn't have any wrong ideas! If anything, I have even more doubts now! Okay, then. The husband should take responsibility for his wife." Subaru said and quickly pushes the bowl, but Kenichi blocks him.

"Subaru, families that get along as well as ours are rare these days. In other words, I hate the same things you and your mother hate!" Kenichi said.

"Then why bother making that massive bowl of peas for him?" Ferris asked.

"To make him suffer?" Ricardo said.

"How do those peas taste, to be honest?" Frederica asked.

"This forest of green was never going to make anyone happy, then!" Subaru said.

"I'll just make it into something we all love: pilaf!" Kenichi said as the bowl of peas turned into a mountain of rice, with peas, carrots, and bits of meat on it.

"I can't even stand to look at it." Naoki said. Kenichi in a nervous look starts to scope some of it and offers to Subaru.

"Subaru." Kenichi said.

"Right." Subaru said. And in the blink of an eye, the bowl and their plates have gone empty after taking it all out.

"Thank you for breakfast." Subaru said.

"Huh?! We didn't even saw how they ate all of it?!" Otto shrieked.

"Oh? The delicious scent of the food disappeared." Daphne sadly said.