Chapter 3: Season 3

( Sorry to say, but most of this one will be long short cuts, as it is a very short season.)

Short cuts

Carmen snuck into the vault. It felt wrong. But is also felt a bit right.

" Player, I'm in. Gotta say, robbing my birth countries best-known bank is not what I want to be remembered for."

" Your targeting a saftey deposit box in a bank, in Argentina. Link to your late father, which in theory makes you the rightful heir to whatever mught be insude that box." Player corrected. The foor opeaned.

" Hopefully a clue to my mother's identity. Sunce I highly doubt her name is Vera Cruz."

" Like city in Mexico. Could it be where she was born? Or maybe where your dad was planning to start a new life with you guy's after leaving VILE?" He said.

" All good thoughts Player. Lets see if we can't find out." She opeaned the csbnit. She opened a passport. She saw her father in the picture. " So thats Dexter Wolfe. I...have his eyes." She said sadly. " Thease all belong to my father. There's something else." She opened a tiny locket. It was a picture of Dexter Wolfe holding a baby, a baby with redish brown hair."

" Player, take a look at this." She took a picture of the locket. The image came up on his dashboard.

" Okay, how cute where you?" Player said, smiling at the adorable picture. He couldn't belive that baby was going to the worlds greatest criminal mastermind. And his best freind. This was a keeper. He texted it to Carmen.

" Very. But I meant a close look." She said. He knew what she meant.

" Image analysis. On it." He said. She headed to a bathroom to change. She came out in ten secounds flat.

" Almost done Player? It ussually take's you only one minute to...wait a secound. Are you making a copy of the photo I sent to you?" Player stopped typing.

" What?! No way? Why whould I take an enchanced copy if that adorable photo of my best freind as a baby?" He said.

" Its okay, just as long as you text it to me....which I assume you knew I would ask you to do, so you have probably already texted it to me."

" You assume correctly." He said.

She knocked on the dokr, but no anser.

" I guess we wait." Carmen said.

" I'm sorry, did you not attend a school for thieves?" Player said sarcastically.

" She's could be mother. Way to make a first impression. Hey, just broke into your house. I'm your long lost daughter." She said even more sarcastically.

" But if this Carlotta Veldez isn't your mom finding evidence to confim that could spare you from having one super awkward conversation." Player told her. Carmen gave in. She broke in.

" Player. See if you can turn up any intel on this address while I track our junior art enthusiast."

" Ar matey!" Player said.

" Sorry?"

" Uh, I mean, on it Red." He happened to be wearing a pirate costume at home for Halloween in Canada.

" Take this one of a kind pre-colombian artifact. Exquisite no? But anything is disposable, for a price." She tossed it in the air.

" NO!!" Carmen screamed. She grabbed it, getting shocked to the point wh3re she passed out. Player noticed this yelling on the com.

" Red, you there?" Her icon on his screen blinked, and then went out. " Carmen?" He tried. Nobody ansered. Somehow, the woman didn't hear Player. She took her phone and stuffed it in a vase. Ivy's phone rang.

" Guy's, I lost contact with Carmen." They both gasped. They busted into a room.

" Carm?  They musta moved her." Ivy updated. " No one's here."

" I can't track her location. But she mebtioned a client list. Do you see any lose papers, or a book maybe?" He asked.

" Carmen's gone missing and you wanna us lookin for some stupid list?" Player winced at that, but he knew what she would have wanted. It was his job to tell them to put the greater good before their boss, even if he didn't want them to.

" Its a roadmap to to a whole lot of priceless stolen art. You know Carmen's gonna want it." He said. Ivy stayed silent. " Look, I'm as worried about her as you, probably more, but you know Red always puts the job before herself. She'd want us to get it before coming to her rescue. I hate it, but she's my best freind. I put her wants first, even if I don't want it myself." Player said.

" Ugh, fine. We'll look for the stupid book." Ivy said. Player grinned.

Player narrated as Carmen slipped inside.

" And....its go time." Player told Carmen. She got inside and raced up the stairs. " one minte forty five secounds." Player laced his finger's together and pressed his face against them, watching her every movement.

And the clock. Carmen got up to the door to buggest door, revealing the crown jewel inside the huge safe. She started to cut the glass. " One minute thirty seconds."  Player updated. At about one minute five secounds Player's screen started to cut out. He jumped. " Red, somethings wrong."

" Almost there." She assured him. A couple secounds later, Players screen was corrupted by a virus. He heard vicious laughing.

" VILE's aborting. Everythings coming back online." He said. Then he became more urgent. " Get out of there!" He yelled. She ran. She heard the clown laughter from Player's room ringing in here ear. She was suddenly surrounded by bars. The doors shut.

Player watched the horrible screensaver helplessly. He pushed his chair back, pushing himself away from the screen of his nightmares. Carmen was in trouble, and he was defenseless. He uptdated the others.

" The Troll knew I was in the system. Carmen never had a chance." Player said with an exasperated expression. He was really upset. The police came racing into the museum. Carmen was hauled off to prison. But not really. See, Carmen is the smartest criminal mastermind in the world.

She was one step ahead the whole time. Player smiled as he hacked The Troll back. He had made video recordings of Carmen everywhere in London, and in many other placea on earth. His screen was filled with them. He called it: Red Viruse.

" Who's laughing now Troll?" He stepped back from his work.

" Oh you think your good? Game on!" The Troll said. " Dude, where did Carmen Sandiego get such a good hacker? He must've been trained by whatever stupid agency she's working for."

" Oh please. I'm five years younger than you. That's right. You've been hacked by a KID!" Player said.

( Breif intermission while I watch and recored everything in season four. Wait up for me guys.)