"Sorry Madeye!" I call out, and he mounts his broom, and I hop on the back and wrap one arm around him while holding up my wand with the other in case anything happened. Madeye was kind of like my father, well, kind of. He shouted at me like I was his kid, so he was like my wizard father, which was pretty cool, only right now I was slightly worried in case anything happened. 

"READY?!" Madeye bellows, and I watch as everyone else sets off before he kicks off the ground and follows. 

For a while, it's quite calm, but the feeling of unease doesn't leave me, even as the wind blows through my hair. Something felt wrong. It was too quiet, and it was then that we heard a loud bang that made Madeye swerve slightly, a bright flash of red filling the sky. 

"MADEYE THAT-"

"KEEP QUIET!" He barks out, dodging a hex thrown our way and suddenly there's chaos around us. There were so many flashes of bright light and I was careful where I aimed, scared of hitting one of our own. 

My chest swells in pride when I hit one of the death-eaters, who suddenly stunned, plummeted to the ground. Though panic ran through me, because I may have just murdered someone. It doesn't matter if they were trying to kill us, they were still a human and guilt started to wash through my as I continued hexing the night sky around us. 

Then, everything becomes even more chaotic. Bright green light flares up around us, and I watch wide eyed as the flash heads towards us. Madeye see's it too, and dodges it, but they aim again.

This time, it hits mad eye and his body slumps, his broom suddenly dropping down and I choke back a scream as we dive towards the ground, his body slipping off of the broom, and I try to reach out to grab him but I have to pull the broom up to stop myself from from heading straight into the ground. I end up barrel rolling, my shoulder hitting the grass painfully as we land in the field. 

"Mad eye... mad-" I let out a screech when a hex hits the grass next to me, and I grab the broom from the ground and dart towards mad eye, shaking him slightly and rolling him over, my eyes landing on his glazed over eyes. 

Another hex hits the ground next to me, and I stumble out of the way before apologising to his body as I mount the broom shakily, and push up off of the ground, adrenaline coursing through my body. 

I knew the general direction, but I knew with the death eaters still on my tail that I'd have to lose them, and so that's what I do. Still shaking with tears running down my face, I manage to lose them before heading in what I really hoped was the right direction. 

Hours pass until I finally start to recognise my surroundings, and I could just make out a faint glow in the distance. It was a stark contrast of the orangish glow to the dark, cloudless night sky, and I let out a sigh of relief. 

I knew it was far past midnight by now, and I presumed I'd been flying for hours. Sometimes, I had this feeling I was going the wrong way and would change directions, and then do it again and for some reason, I was slightly shocked that I'd actually manged to find it. 

But the fatigue hit me like a brick wall, and I ended up accidentally hurtling towards the ground. No matter how much I tried to push up, the broom kept steadily heading towards the ground and I hit the floor with a thud.

Pushing myself up, I grab the broomstick before stumbling in the direction of the house. That's when I hear him. He was yelling my name, but he sounded so close to giving up, and my eyes widened with hope. 

I hear him way before I see him, and I let out a breath of relief, yelling out for him "FRED! FRED!" A few seconds of silence pass before I hear his footsteps and he yells my name, and so I yell for him in return.