32: Places We Won't Walk

Start from the beginning

"I know, I just need some time for myself alone but thank you for caring about me," Lyra said truthfully. 

She would've asked them to come with her but it didn't feel right to let them know her secret heaven. 

"Promise me after you came back you'll come to us," Crystal said with a small supporting smile. 

Lyra nodded, grateful for their thoughtfulness, she was glad that they didn't push her to bring them to wherever she headed. 

Arriving at the lake, she took a seat on the grass and waited for Draco the kneazle to come to her.

Then she heard a purred from beside her. Her favorite kneazle was snuggling up to her. "Hey girlie, you'll be coming with me back to Hogwarts tonight," she smiled and put the kneazle on her lap.

"It's just me and you now. I don't want you to be alone here," She smiled and nuzzled her face to its neck.

"I miss him you know," Lyra sighed looking at the flowers she used to give to Remus.

Draco purred as if agreeing with her, after all Remus fromed a bond with her too. It was cute seeing Remus cuddled Draco the kneazle.

"Lyra?"

She turned around, surpised at the voice, "Ohmygod Draco, you scared me," Lyra sighed in relief at the sight of her little brother. "How did you found me?" Lyra asked him.

"I followed you here," Draco said stepping closer to her, "Is that a cat?" he asked, looking at Draco the kneazle as he sat down beside her.

Lyra smiled genuine smile for the first time since Remus's departure. "Oh Draco the kneazle I want you to meet Draco the brother," Lyra beamed happily holding out the kneazle on his face.

"You named that thing after me? Lyra that is dangerous creature," Draco said in distaste making her kneazle hissed at him.

"No she's not, she reminds me of you that's why I named her after you," Lyra teased bumping her shoulder with his.

Draco didn't know what to do except awkwardly smile, "Thanks I guess?" he said and looked around the beautiful lake and the trees around them. "When do you find this place?"

"My second year, it's yours if you want, you could clear your head or get away from Hogwarts busy life," Lyra smiled looking around the clearing in nostalgic.

"I'll make sure I remember that," Draco nodded his hand grazing the flowers and grass with his hand.

Lyra nodded in satisfaction and continued to play with her kneazle.

"Are you okay Lyra?" Draco asked looking disturbed.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" Lyra asked her little brother back.

"You seemed really sad this past two days and i know you caste Snape the jelly legs jinxed," Draco pointed out.

"I don't like him," She shrugged, her attention still on the kneazle.

"Is it because of professor Lupin?" Draco asked her.

Lyra froze, "What do you mean?"

"Well honestly, I like professor Lupin and he resigned because of Snape. So I figured that's why you jinxed him," Draco shrugged looking her way.

"Oh yeah," Lyra trailed off. "Draco, you really need to stop acting like a huge ass, you like Remus but because you wanted people to think so highly of you, you talked bad about him?" Lyra asked him.

Draco didn't say anything except lowering his head.

"Draco, I'm worried about you. Now that I won't be able to see you everyday, I'm scared that you'll be a bigger bully than before. I don't want you to caused pain for others Draco," Lyra said bringing Draco closer to her.

"I can't," he said ashamed.

"Well you can Draco," Lyra sighed in frustration and turned him to face her, "Look at me, stop caring about your reputation as this bully Draco because let me tell you that bullies will be remember as one. Try to be civil to others Draco, stop with all these façade that you created, you need to tolerate muggleborns and blood traitors like you tolerate me," Lyra ranted.

"But you're my family—"

"Yet you don't treat Ron Weasley like me, we are all a family Draco please get that into your head. Remember when I say I will work thing out with you, well I meant it. Try for me and for mother Draco please," Lyra pleaded.

Draco looked at her unblinking, his mind wander around and he nodded slowly. "I tried to be better for you and mother Lyra, I promised."

Lyra sighed in relief, "I'm glad you are willing to try, I'll help you," Lyra smiled and hugged her brother closer.

Lyra felt really light now that she was with Draco in her place. She should've brought him sooner maybe he would enjoy playing here with her, like any normal siblings do.

"Draco, you should bring the person you love the most here, They'll love it," Lyra smiled remembering all the time she spent here with Remus and talking about everything they found fascinating.

"Do you share this place with someone?" Draco asked curious.

Lyra nodded her smile still present, "Yes and I hope during that time he realized how special he was to me. I hope that every memory that we shared bring him joy and peace and love until we could meet again," Lyra smile feeling a strong emotion washed over her.

"Wow," Draco said awkwardly not knowing how to react to her affirmation.

Lyra laughed out loud, "I'm glad you're here. You make me happier, little bro," Lyra joked.

"I'm glad you share this place with me then because you love me so much, even more than that man," Draco smirked childishly.

"Well yeah but I don't think I'm the one you love the most with Harry Potter running in you mind twenty four seven," Lyra teased making Draco glared at her and throw her with the dirt on the ground.

Lyra wasn't sure whether to tell him about Remus or not but she decided it would be best to wait until he understand a tiny bit about girls or boys. She was sure his mind is full of ways to get back at Harry for rejecting his handshake to think about it. And she was okay with that. 

---

This took me so long because i have to re do some part of the chapter and in result it wasn't as long as the original draft. 

Reading your comments about Lyra and Remus had me thinking over and over about their ending and their story for the future. I might need to brainstorm more ideas to change their story but we'll see where i decided to take them. 

Thank you for the feedbacks in the last chapter and i hope you'll enjoy this short one :)

lots of love, wlfstrwife.