"Maybe the fact that he grows poisonous fruit in his lawn has something to do with it? Seriously, that's some really psychopathic behavior there, and you don't even know him for long." He pointed out, almost as if speaking to a toddler about stranger danger. "He could be a murderer or something."

That patronizing tone go to the last of your nerves, it was the same your mother used on you.  As if you were a dumb girl who needed to be taught what to think. What was worst is he knew it bothered you.

You took a deep breath through your mouth, making as little sound as possible and stabilizing your thoughts.

"Stop it," you dropped the fruit inside the bowl. "We were having a good day, right?"

He sighed, not wanting to hear you side with your new little friend over him and averted his attention back to the kitchen door as said taller black haired male returned.

The three of you waited until the timer you had set up started ringing. Covering your hands with a few towels, you popped the dessert out of the oven.

You watched intently as both men cut a piece of the  crispy golden pie. Your excitement grew as they took  the first pie you hadn't burnt ever into their mouths.

"Soooooo?" You squeaked.

The winged hero used all his willpower to swallow it, forcing it all down his throat knowing it would make you happy. Hope filled your (e/c) eyes before being smashed down as the doctor spit the ball of mushed dough and fruit into the napkin.

"Oh, come on Naoki!" You aggressively digged a spoon into your plate, "It can't be that bad."

Before you even started properly chewing you found yourself coughing it into your napkin.
The doctor started cracking up on his seat, almost falling back if it wasn't for both you and Takami gripping the chair.

"You could have told me it was horrible!" You snapped at your ex.

"Seriously (nickname), how do you confuse sugar for salt? We're you trying to poison us?" Naoki placed emphasis on the second half of his comment. You rolled you eyes, giggling at his little word play, Keigo not finding it funny at all.

。・゜・。・゜・(・゜・。・゜・。

"Bye Takami. Y/N! See you tomorrow for some ice cream?" Naoki suppressed a smile, already knowing the answer.

"Actually, I agreed on having dinner with my family tomorrow, maybe some other time!" You said, turning around.

Naoki waved as he closed the door, humming an upbeat tune in the empty house.

The sweet melody echoed as he roamed through the halls into the bedroom, taking off the glasses. He rubbed his temples and waited for the world around him to regain focus.

He took a second to contemplate the decoration, so minimalistic yet expensive, even just by looking at it anyone could tell. He'd be lying if he said he didn't grow attached to this place.

Would he miss it?

Probably, it was unlike anywhere he'd lived before.

He plopped on the bed, his dark locks spacing around the soft futon unevenly. He had slept so much better lately, perhaps it was the bed, or the new friend he had found in y/n.