2.

Shalai
|Houston, Tx       12:58pm|

"So you still single? Girl what happened to, "That nigga will leave any bitch for me when I snap my fingers."

I laughed while I looked at Kihlani hoisting my backpack over my shoulders as I gathered my things.

"This ain't about me okay? I know what I'm doing." Chenelle started walking towards the door, pushing it open for us.

"Okay, snap your fingers right now then."

"Bitch. Don't get laid out nie thinking you funny."

"C'mon we'll snap with you. Ain't that right Lani?" I stuck my tongue out as I walked out the classroom walking down the hallway towards the cafeteria.

"Yeah let's go..on the count of 3. One.."

"Two.." I awed after her.

"Twooooo.." she dragged with exaggeration making sure to make eye contact with Chenelle.

"THREE!" And at the same time we both started snapping furiously.

"Haha..so funny. Really it is." Chenelle rolled her eyes with a small smirk on her face.

Ding

"Girl was that him?" I looked over at Chenelle who stared confused for a minute before pulling her phone out to check it.

"No, jokes on y'all."

"No you mean on you..we single doing what we do best. And thats exploring." Kih laughed out loud and as we entered the cafeteria the noise increased.

The room was swarming with hungry kids, everyone having their own conversations. I laid my backpack down at the circle table we always sat at and sat down since I normally never get lunch anyways.

"We'll be back we going to the line before it gets long. Do you want something from up there?" Kih was looking at her phone but I knew she was talking to me but I just shook my head as a response.

"Mk." Her eyes snapped up at me as she put her phone up, "Make sure nobody steal my Louis bitch. I used my allowance for that shit." She pointed at her small carried bag. I put a thumbs up and then they turned around from me and started walking towards the line.

Of course the cafeteria was the place where the most energy was exposed so I was use to the loudness. I just hated it, always made my head hurt. Never understood why it was always so loud when people suppose to be stuffing they face.

I pulled my phone out to pass the time, slowly scrolling through Instagram making myself seem busy when I really wasn't.

"Aye Lai."

I knew that voice from anywhere. Nobody got that deep Texas accent that put a twang to words like Kha. I looked at my phone scrolling faster than before.

"Aye girl I know you hear me shordy. The fuck is up." He walked closer towards the table and of course this dumb nigga don't got his mask on and of course a group of niggas followed him.

"Unt unt..these seats reserved." I grabbed Kih bag fast as fuck tryna make it less obvious that I didn't want him to grab it but he looked at me confused with a raised eyebrow.