i won't hurt you (please believe me)

THIS PART IS ALSO ON MY OIHINA WEEK 2020 STORY

SUMMARY

Oikawa Tooru has always wanted to find his soulmate. It's just so unfortunate that his soulmate wants nothing to do with him.

"I want to be your soulmate, even if I don't believe in them."
― Colleen Hoover

Oikawa Tooru has always  wanted to find his soulmate. He's a romantic after all, despite what  most think, and he has seen how his parents are so in love with each  other. Who wouldn't want something like that?

And so, every day, he  would stare at the words written on his skin, those that tell him what  his soulmate will first say to him.

'Hey, you! Grand King! Why don't you aim for me?!'  it's a weird phrase, but not nearly as weird as he has seen on other's  skin, like Iwaizumi's. After all, what kind of person tells someone 'Oi, you want grilled mackerel too?' when they first meet?

Well, maybe it's more weird because Iwaizumi absolutely despises mackerel on principle, but that's besides the point.

But back on topic, Tooru  has put a lot of thought into his soulmate. He has no idea who they  are, of course, but they are supposed to complete him, so Tooru can only  say they are perfect, since he has, admittedly, more than a few flaws.

Not that he will ever admit that out loud, of course, but he knows.

And a lot of people are  like him too! It's not like he's some kind of weirdo who's obsessed with  the idea of soulmates. It's a frequent topic of discussion, whether  that be in between classes, or hanging out at a cafe, or while the team  changes before and after practice.

So Tooru has more than enough reason to be surprised when he actually meets his soulmate.

It happens, like most of  this things do, by accident. He's on his last year of high school, so  as much as he would like to try and find his better half, Tooru admits  he has a lot of other things to do, like being a good Captain for his  volleyball team, practice so he can finally beat Ushijima and go to  Nationals, study because he wants to get into a good university next  year, and while a sports scholarship would be great, he likes to have  back ups and second options in case those offers aren't of his liking,  and of course keeping up with his social life.

So no, unfortunately  Tooru does not have the time to look for his soulmate, especially when  he knows the meeting will happen no matter what he does.

What Tooru does have  time for though, is for finding out where Kageyama Tobio is going for  high school. It isn't particularly hard, Kindaichi and Kunimi are a  great help, and then he doesn't even have to do anything before Karasuno  is calling for a practice match! Tooru does ask their coach to ask for a  condition, but otherwise it seems like the universe wants him to get  his way.

It's all the aliens' doing, he's sure of it.

Of course, nothing ever  goes Oikawa Tooru's way. There's always something, a little thing that  drags him down. This time, it's his forgotten appointment with the  doctor for his knee. He dislocated it during the match against  Shiratorizawa last tournament, and it's pretty much healed now, but the  doctor still wants to make sure before clearing him for anything that  resorts to jumping or running, so he's been forced to work only on the  upper half of his body for months now.

Tooru has been expecting  this appointment for a while, actually. This is his last one, if  everything goes well, and this time Tooru - Iwaizumi - has made sure his  knee is in perfect condition. He doesn't want something like a  dislocation ruin his chances of ever playing volleyball professionally.