Chapter 2 - Re:Legend of the Revolution (Daily Life)

Start from the beginning

Monokuma: "Good morning, students! It is now 7am. Time to greet another beautiful day!"

I grumbled to myself as I got out of bed, reluctant to leave the heat, and I walked to the table to retrieve my coat and boots, putting them on and walking to the door. I needed to go to the kitchen and make food for everyone...actually, scratch that. I need to make a quick detour first.

I left my room and walked past the dining hall, heading in the direction of the gym. On my way there, I remembered that the second floor was currently unlocked and guessed that all the previously unlocked rooms were unlocked now. I would have to check on them after breakfast.

Looking into the gym, I saw that it had been completely clean. Sonia's body was gone, there was not even the tiniest scent of blood still in the air. Monokuma had cleaned up the crime scene completely. Well, he - or rather, the mastermind - wouldn't want us to live with dead bodies still in our midst. The bacteria would harm the rest of us, and they wouldn't want that.

I turned around and walked back to the communal area to reach the dining hall. Heading inside, almost everybody was already at their seats at the table. Putting on a lighthearted smile, I turned to them.

Nikei Yomiuri: "I'll get started on breakfast, everyone! Please wait a little longer!"

The group didn't respond to me as I walked into the kitchen and went into the fridge. Today's breakfast would be fried eggs and breakfast sausages, a homely meal that I decided upon. But still, something felt like it was missing...a memorial, perhaps? I remember how hard they grieved for Sonia and Aoi, but I already made donuts yesterday.

Pulling out my handbook, I decided to check Sonia's student profile, seeing f there was anything she liked. Scanning the page, I spotted the words 'gugelhupf cake' and hummed to myself. I knew how to make it, I made it for my friends before, so I could work with this. Pulling out more ingredients from the fridge and cupboards, I quickly got to work.

The fried eggs and breakfast sausages were finished faster than the cake, and I took them all off the stove while the cake was baking in the oven. Sorting them all onto sixteen...no, fourteen plates, I carried them out to the table in frequent trips along with the cutlery. Everybody was there now, and they all looked crestfallen. They looked just like broken dolls with painted faces.

Nikei Yomiuri: "Good morning, my comrades! Breakfast is served!"

Akane Owari: "Thanks...it won't do Sonia any good if I die of starvation. I gotta eat for her sake, at least..."

Himiko Yumeno: "Nyeh... I slept a lot last night."

Hajime Hinata: "I think we all did."

Toko Fukawa: "H-How could you be so happy in a situation like this?"

Nikei Yomiuri: "I'm not."

Komaru Naegi: "Huh, you aren't? You, uh, kinda fooled me there."

Nikei Yomiuri: "This is all just a farce. But if I don't hide my emotions, then I'll just be a wreck. Well, not like it matters much, but I'm hurting too, you know! That's why I made something in memorial for the occasion."

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu: "'In memorial'? What the hell are you talking about?"

Nikei Yomiuri: "What am I talking about? Do you not know what 'in memorial' means? It means to honour the memory of those who've fallen. I've already made donuts yesterday, so I decided to check Ms. Nevermind's profile and found that she likes a type of cake. That cake is currently baking in the oven, and I need to check on it after I finish my breakfast."

Hajime Hinata: "Gugelhupf cake, right? I know that she used to bake those for us because that was her favourite dessert.

Makoto Naegi: "Oh, that's... I'm so sorry."