T H E L O S S

Começar do início

His heating charm just saved her. Her whole body was numb from the coldness within, and she's glad he found the perfect counter charm without even knowing.

"I killed him" Was Draco's response, he saw the look of shock planted across her face, until a faint smile broke her lips. "I was mad, I couldn't help it" he added.

At the corner of her eyes, she saw Lucius with blood spilling through his cloak and there were obvious gashes, his eyes were red and his neck was marked with veins indicating his tragic death. Blood spilled from his mouth and Diana's stomach churned seeing the marbled floor all gory.

"I'm glad you did" Diana replied, and with a swift movement, she felt his hand in the back of her thighs. Draco carried her in bridal style, her hands around his neck, he stood up then smiled triumphantly at her.

"I love you" then he crashed his lips against hers. Diana can taste the blood, yet she tasted his sweet lips also. While they share such a passionate kiss, Diana felt her surrounding twists, she took a glimpse and all she saw was greyness.

They were disapparating.

Draco pulled his lips from hers when he finally felt the cemented floor of the Great Hall. Then he placed Diana gingerly on her feet before roaming his eyes around the Hall.

His heart swelled with immense happiness.

They won.

Students, Professors and Aurors are now sitting and attending each other at the lengthy seats, some are drinking coffee while they heal their wounds.

He can see Slughorn drinking a mug of black coffee with his usual mirthful expression, he was having a chitchat with Seamus and Dean ― they have such pure grins.

On the left side, he can see Blaise with Lovegood, Pansy with Daphne, they were embracing each other so tightly as if they just confessed their love for each other.

Diana grinned, she felt sentimental ― a good way of sentimental feeling. She had lose all hope in the beginning, only now to find that they will eventually win. The lightness defeated the darkness.

She felt Draco's hands interlaced with hers, he intertwined their fingers and locked eyes. "We made it, we won" he mused, she can see the fascination in his eyes and a huge wave of amazement.

"We did" she answered, then her eyes shifted to the left side of the hall.

Her face fell. She saw all the dead bodies: Lavender Brown, Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, Tonks, then Wayne Hopkins and his little sister ― Colin Creevey, Cedric Diggory, Parvati Patil and hundreds more, including Professors ― Snape.

Then her gaze went to the right side of the Hallway.

The glee she felt withered, her eyes wavered, knees weaken, blood pounding in her ears and around her chest.

She felt like she's going to have a cardiac arrest, soon enough tears streamed down her eyes and rolled to her cheeks.

Clarette layed lifeless on the ground, with Theo embracing her body, sobbing at crying out his whole heart while Axel soothes his back.

Next to her was Diana's brother Zach, and beside Zach was ― her mother and her father with a ragged duvet covering covering their body up to their shoulders. They layed eyes shut and muscles unmoving.

Her entire family layed on the cold ground ― lifeless.

She noticed their hands were interlocked and their eyes open, A huge wound is on her mother's forehead while her father had a hole in his arm. Then she eyed Zach, he was pale, eyes shut and full of scars. This took her by a storm, by a very awful storm.