"I worry about you," Anne's voice was quiet, nearly going unheard by Juliette's ears. The blonde woman's delicate fingers fixed a strand of Juliette's hair that had fallen loose.

The sincerity in her tone tugged at Juliette's heart. A frown briefly flickered on her pink lips and her throat tightened. Quickly, Juliette forced a strained smile.

"I appreciate the concern, Anne. But, I must assure you, there is no need to worry."

The Crawford Ball was a dazzling sight to see. An array of candleholders were spread across the ballroom and held flickering flames. In which, the light of the small fires beautifully danced upon the pale walls and glinted in the precious jewels worn by elegant women. Immediately, the large centrepiece of white and pink roses caught Juliette's eye. A curtain of dangling crystals hung around the flowers, reflecting the lowlight of the candlelight. However, the beauty of the centrepiece was no rival to the captivating smiles worn by the ladies as they enchanted the men.

Lord and Lady DuBois were hooked on an arm of Juliette's as they escorted her around the ballroom. Promptly into their rounds, Lord DuBois bade the two a farewell once he saw the sight of a dear friend, whom he said had a very promising son. Juliette knew her uncle's intentions were well, however, she also knew the ageing man grew easily tired of balls and other celebrations. She did not blame him for yearning a quick escape from the formalities of such an event.

The captivating diamond, Daphne Bridgerton herself, entered on the Ball hooked on Anthony's arm. Her frock was an innocent white with glimmering gems embellished the bust. The precious diamonds that hung from her ears swayed as she moved and shimmered in the candlelight, earning the attention of wandering glances. Closely following behind was Lady Bridgerton accompanied by her two sons, Benedict and Colin.

Instantly, the Duke of Hastings swept in like an impatient vulture and led Daphne away from her family, towards the dance floor. Juliette was thrilled for her dear friend. It appears as if the Duke held an interest in the girl. Before the season ends, perhaps Daphne will be a duchess.

Juliette and her aunt continued on their rounds. Every so often, they would be halted by a charming young man, eager to make discussion with Juliette. They all offered words of kindness as well as remarks which fuelled Juliette's confidence. However, other than bundles of compliments and weak conversation, Juliette was bored. Each man was nearly identical to the last: dull and boastful of material things. Juliette desired a connection, not wealth. So, each time, Juliette politely excused herself and her aunt.

She found herself searching for Lord Blackwood in the crowd. Yet, to no avail, his stunning grey eyes and unruly hair was nowhere to be seen. Juliette fought a frown from appearing on her face. The elaborate facade of elegance she has fabricated will not be disrupted nor tarnished by a man.

"Catherine, Juliette," Lady Bridgerton greeted, approaching the two. The older woman halted Juliette and Lady DuBois in their rounds. She donned a kind smile. "May I say, Juliette, you have grown to be a magnificent young lady. My sincerest apology that we haven't reacquainted since your arrival. The social season has kept us all on our toes."

"Lady Bridgerton, it's such a delight seeing you after so long," Juliette truthfully. She couldn't help the wide grin blessing her sweet features.

Years before, when Juliette would visit London during the summer months, she would often frequent the Bridgerton house when she wasn't with her extended family. Not only due to the once inseparable nature she shared with Anthony, but also because Lady Bridgerton yielded the same aura as her late mother. The mother of eight was quick to welcome Juliette into her home with a warm heart and open arms.