Thunderstorms

I sighed to myself and shuffled around in Sephiroth's arms. I glanced at the already sleeping man and huff in frustration, I honestly have no idea how he manages to fall asleep so quickly, I'm honestly quite envious. I've always struggled to get to sleep, my mind always seems to be active when I'm trying to get to sleep. I'm not entirely sure why my brain just seems to come up with random or scary thoughts that keep me up late into the night. It had gotten better recently, as Seph would make sure I would fall asleep before he did. However tonight he was particularly exhausted, so he pretty much fell unconscious as soon as his head hit the pillow.

I decided to just mindlessly play with some of his hair that would always fall in front of his face. His hair is always extremely soft and silky, it just flowed through my fingers. I mean I'm not surprised that it is so soft because he manages to use a whole bottle of shampoo and conditioner whenever he takes a shower.

I begin to hear some droplets of water fall against the window. I found the sound of the rain relaxing, so I began to melt into the warmth of the bed. The rain began to fall harder and thrashed against the window, then a sudden clap of thunder echoed through the sky and a bright white light flickered in the room. It made me jump and start to shiver out of fear.

"Oh no.."

I didn't do well with storms. The unexpected loud noises always catch me off guard and the flashes of light didn't help either. Another crash of thunder rang out, louder than the one from before, that made me jump and unconsciously grab onto Seph tighter than before.  I noticed that I was unconsciously shaking and had tears threatening to fall in the corners of my eyes. Damn it, why am I like this? I know that the thunder can't hurt me, so why am I reacting like this!? Another loud crash sounded out again, making me flinch again and shiver even more. I couldn't deal with this at all, I hated it.

The commotion must've woken up Seph because soon enough he started stirring and sat up in the bed, speaking in a quiet, groggy voice.

"(Y/N)? Why are you up...? You're shivering, what's the matter?"

Before I could reply another loud bang was heard from the sky, causing me to flinch yet again. I suppose that answered that question.

"Oooooh, I see, you're scared of the storm aren't you?"

I didn't want to admit it to him but unfortunately, kind of had too. I quietly nodded my head, it was embarrassing, having me react like this to nothing but a silly thunderstorm made me just feel stupid. I expected him to poke fun at my irrational fear, but he never did, instead, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a warm embrace.

"Hey, it's ok. The storm can't hurt you, I'm here ok?"

"I-I know, I don't know why I'm so scared of it..."

"It's alright, everyone has their fears, it's not bad to be afraid. You're human after all"

"I suppose..."

I never knew how this man could be so sweet, I can't compete he's just too nice. He lays back down, with me still trapped in his arms and began to brush his hands gently through my hair. I relaxed a little and stopped shivering so much. Unfortunately, the moment was destroyed by another crashing of thunder and I jumped again. I began to shake more again and I damn nearly cried, not out of fear, but frustration. It was never going to get to sleep at this rate. I feel Seph pull me closer to him and he starts to quietly shush me.

"It's ok (Y/N), you're ok."

Having Seph's reassuring presence helped me calm down. There were definitely a couple of moments where the thunder made me flinch, however, Seph didn't grow frustrated with me or lose patience. He would always reassure me that I was safe and that nothing could hurt me.

Eventually, I got to the point where I was so tired that I could fall asleep at any moment and, thankfully, the storm had seemed to pass. Any other rumbles of thunder would be extremely quiet. After a little while longer I was eventually pulled into a relaxing, dreamless sleep, knowing that I would be safe with Seph by my side.

——-

A/N

Aaaaaaa I came up with this and I thought it was cute so I was like sure lmao. I hope you enjoyed wholesome Sephiroth and that you have a good day.