2. The last night

You arrive at the convention. Lights where shining and crowds of people where mumbling. Still holding onto his arm, you and Bucky head over to a ticket booth which is where Steve and him had planned to meet and sure enough the small skinny blonde lad stood there awkwardly as a young lady stood opposite him. As soon as Steve saw you two approaching his body language changed and you could feel the awkward atmosphere slip away.

"Hey Steve" Bucky said as he embraced him into a hug.

"Hi (y/n)" Steve said with a bright smile on his face.

"Hi Steve, it's good to see you. How you holding up? Haven't been breaking too many jaws down the pub I hope" you exclaim jokingly. You look over to Bucky cracking a smile.

"Only a few" Steve joked before he climbed back into his shell of awkwardness and social anxiety.

"So you going to introduce (y/n) to your friend Steve" Bucky said.

"Oh yes sorry this is Shannon" Steve replied

"Hi, Bucky nice to see you again" she said going in for a hug barely acknowledging you.

You look down at the floor laughing under your breath. Sometimes it seemed like, the whole town had eyes for him. It used to make you jealous but not anymore when you soon learned that he only had eyes for you anyway.

"Well no point standing around here all night, the conventions about to start" Bucky stated as Shannon pulled out of the hug and an awkward silence began to rise.

You all turned to start walking in the direction of the stage as Bucky grabbed your waist and gave you a squeeze in reassurance that he was yours. These where the little things that made you love him even more. When he would assure his love to you when you didn't even need to ask.
-
The convention begins and Howard Stark comes on stage escorted by women as usual. He shows off his new gadgets and other inventions until the finale came and he showed off a new flying car that he had developed. You seemed to miss that part though as you where watching Bucky the whole time and seeing how interested he was in what was going on. That made you happy, doing things he enjoyed and being there with him in the moment. That's all you cared about.

You enjoyed the rest of the night dancing and drinking. Steve had already gone home. He always knew what he wanted, to be in the war. He got another rejection that day so you and Bucky both let him go and do what he needed to. Shannon disappeared not long after. Probably met someone out dancing. Like all things they must come to an end and you found yourself walking home wearing Bucky's jacket holding onto his arm until you where back home in your apartment.

He stayed for a while and you both enjoyed another drink together away from the crowds of people.

"I always hate when you leave" you say as Bucky holds your hand rubbing his thumb on your knuckles.

"I know" Bucky replies "but you know me I always come back....back to you"

You nodded and looked down until he placed his hand on your chin bring your face back up. He leaned forward and passionately planted his lips on yours as you both begin aggressively embrace each other. Slowly he moves from your mouth to your neck as he begins unbuttoning your flower patterned top. He picked you up and laid you on the table. He moved down to your legs and started to pull your tights off while kissing from the bottom of your leg up to the top of your thigh. You grab his head and whispered in his ear "I'm yours forever". With that he picked you up and carried you up to the bedroom.

That was the last night you where going to spend with him for a couple of months. Or so you thought.....Although you didn't know it yet a storm was coming. One that meant you wouldn't see him for years. Not the real Bucky Barnes anyway.