"Boys! Ella and Margaret are here! Come down!" Mia shouted up the stairs. Her voice always surprisingly loud for a woman that small. Ella could hear muffled voices and a groan before the two boys appeared. James dressed up in his over-sized sweater and plaid pyjama pants. Sirius appearing next to him, an arm around his neck. Sirius was dressed in a black shirt and jeans. Practically dragging James. The sound of Mia shouting also seemed to rouse Fleamont from his hiding spot because he appeared from the formal living room not a moment later.

     The formal greetings were quickly over with. The two boys staying back as Ella smiled and spoke politely with James' parents. Once it was over and the trio of parents had walked off. Ella turned to the boys, a smile spreading across her face.

     "So how long has Sirius been ruining the peace?" Ella joked as she moved to pick up her bags. James shook Sirius off and took a few steps down, helping Ella with her bags. Even if he was uncomfortable with this situation, he was still going to be a gentleman and help her. His parents had taught him to at least be that.

      "A few days but mum loves it." James responded as he picked up the last few bits. Sirius watched them for a moment, debating on whether to make a comment on the obvious awkwardness from James. His whole body was stiff as they gestured upstairs.

     "I'm lovable, what can I say?" Sirius shrugged as he began to walk upstairs with them. A smirk spreading across his lips as he looked between them, "Honestly, Ella, he wouldn't shut up before you came here. Do you reckon it's something you said?" Sirius asked. Well aware of the confession that Ella had made but it had been pretty clear that Ella was unaware of that fact.

     "'e's always like this. I think 'e just doesn't know what to say around girls. You know 'ow 'e gets around Lily," Ella responded. The awkwardness and anxiety seeping into her bones now as she looked at him. But she knew that she had to act like everything was fine and that his distant didn't bother her. She had no right to want his attention or for him to talk. James rolled his eyes at her teasing and glanced over at her.

     "I'm pretty sure he's only ever said three words to her," Sirius chuckled as they took the last few steps up onto the landing. The three walked down the corridor until they passed Sirius' room. The black-haired boy quick to go into his room. He would have continued with his teasing but he thought it was better if they talked first.

     "So, how long are you staying?" James asked as he nudged the door open with his hip. He then walked into the room, being hit with the overwhelming scent of her. The room lit up with a flick of Ella's wand and she placed her bags down, shrugging. She crossed the room to her wardrobe and opened it. She grinned when she saw the dress in the cupboard. Taking it out, she began to fold it up. James' stare burning into her hands and the dress.

     "I think my mum said until the day after Boxin' Day," Ella responded as she placed the folded dress on the bed. She then pulled her wand out and muttered an incantation. Her packed clothes levitating and then quickly being hung in her wardrobe. She had never been happier when she was allowed to do magic outside of Hogwarts. She finally felt like she had some freedom and it made just about everything easier for her.

     "That's a while. Wouldn't you prefer to be at home?" James asked. A question that she had expected from him of all people. She'd thought he'd be happy to have her around. Unless there was something going on that she didn't know about. Maybe Lily had said something to him. That could explain why he was so distant.

     "You know I prefer here. I was hopin' to talk to you about something but it can wait," She said, pushing a bright smile onto her lips. Her eyes fell back onto the dress in front of her and she ran her fingers along the fabric. A dress she had worn over the summer. Something that had driven James crazy and led to one of the best nights of her life.