The double standards are killing me-

Disclaimer: Spoilers for pome chapter

*slams the door open*

OKAY TWST FANDOM, WHAT THE FUCK?!

This is something I could never wrap my head around.

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO HOLD VIL ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS BUT NOT LEONA?! WHY DO PEOPLE HATE VIL BUT NOT LEONA?!

I have seen SO MUCH hate for Vil because of the stuff he did, and don't get me wrong that's fine! He did valid things to hate him for.

BUT WHY DO PEOPLE NOT DO THE SAME FOR LEONA?!

They have similar backstories (although Vil had a better family then Leona probably did) and both had this idea re-enforced that they'll never be more then what others make them out to be. For Leona, it was the scary useless second born, for Vil it was the villain in literally every story ever.

Not to mention both had a specific person they wanted to defeat, which lead to them using underhanded tactics. For Leona, it was Malleus, and for Vil, it was Neige.

SO WHY DO PEOPLE WORSHIP LEONA BUT HATE VIL?!

At least Vil didn't plan to poison Neige from the start! That was a spur of the moment thing. Leona had planned to hurt the students, he planned to take down Malleus by a stampede, he planned it all.

"But he hurt Epel and almost hurt his family's brand!"

Okay, another valid reason. However again, the poison thing was too sudden to be planned, it was a heat of the moment thing. Not to mention Epel was the idiot who fought Vil on the first day and got his ass beat into the ground. Vil literally told him to pray he wouldn't get sorted into pomefiore or else he would be strict on him, his treatment fell under the promise they made.

Not to mention Vil at least tries to help people. This has even brought up time and time again, he tries to bring out the best in others. But the one thing the public with automatically judge them for, and that Vil excels in, is beauty. He's bound to be strict, that's how he gets his point across.

What has Leona done for his dorm mates exactly?

What makes Leona's actions better then Vil?

Neither of them made good choices, so why do people excuse Leona's but not
Vil?

My point here isn't to make you like Vil. You are allowed to like and dislike whoever you want. But you can't hold his actions against him, but not hold Leona to the same standards. If some people are willing to go so far as to say Leona's actions were okay, then they need to hold Vil up to the same standards.

Istg some people are so annoying.