"I don't know her and I never forget a face," Diana said.

"I know of them. A few years back a friend tried to set me up with Stefan. She said he was one of the good ones. I'm more of a sucker for bad boys though. Like Diana. You should know a lot about that," Rose explained with a smirk. Diana shrugged leaving Elena confused.

"Who are the originals?" Elena asked again.

"Seriously you're not pretty enough to be this dumb. Original vampires darling," Diana snorted rolling her eyes as Rose sighed and closed the book she was looking at.

"Trevor and I have been running for 500 years. We're tired. We want it over. We're using you two to negotiate our freedom." Rose said. "But why me?" Elena asked

"Oh my God. Us Helen. Say it with me. Us. At least our kidnapper has more manners than you and has included me." Diana exclaimed annoyed with the doppelganger.

"Because you're the Petrova doppelganger, you're the key to breaking the curse," Rose said ignoring Diana's outburst. Turning to Diana she says, "He just wants you back."

"Curse," Detective Elena questioned. "You mean the Sun and the Moon curse," she said causing Diana to snort. She couldn't believe people still believed it after all those years.

"Oh. You do know your history."

"What do you mean I'm the key," Detective Elena said taking a brave step forward. "The moonstone is what breaks the curse."

"No, it's what binds the curse, the sacrifice is what breaks it," Rose answers. "Sacrifice?"

"The blood of the doppelganger. And you're the doppelganger which means in order to break the curse you have to die," Diana speaks up again, "Shame really. Oh well enjoy your last days, you'll be greatly missed," she said wickedly causing Elena to gulp.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

"Tell me more," Elena pushed causing Diana to groan.

"Captivity made her pushy eh? What do you want to know doppelisious?" Trevor said as he picked up another wood slab to board the windows.

"Who are you running from?" Elena questioned making Diana roll her eyes at her for the millionth time. "The originals," Trevor answered shortly.

"Yeah, she said that. What does it mean?" Detective Elena pressed.

This girl never knows when to stop. If Nik doesn't kill her I will.

"The first family. Rose and I pissed them off," Trevor explained but when Rose coughed he corrected himself, "Correction- I pissed them off. Rose had my back and for over half a millennium they've wanted us dead." He threw a book at Elena's feet.

"What did you do," Elena asked. Diana guessed that it had to do with Kat as she is 500 years old.

"He made the mistake countless others have. He trusted Katerina Petrova," Diana said smirking

"Katherine," Elena breathed. "Mmm, the one and only - the first Petrova doppelganger," Trevor said looking down.

How do these idiots not know she wasn't the first

Trevor picked up a book and scanned through it as Rose left the room. "I helped her escape fate and now I've - sorry we've- been marked since."

Elena slumped into the chair next to Diana who was still coming up with a plan. Feeling something under her, Elena felt and found a piece of paper. Unrolling it she saw.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you Elena - B

Elena sighed in relief but Diana scoffed "My bothers love you too much, they don't even know I'm here, but to be honest, I can get out of here by myself I'm not a damsel in distress like you."

"I'm not a damsel," she whined.

"Whatever floats your boat, Helen," Diana smirked. Elena decided not to reply as she was still scared of the older female.

Rose walked around the room and picked stuff out of place. Trevor immediately burst in, "He's here, this was a mistake," with an expression of utter terror.

"No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me," said Rose, attempting to calm him down. He panicked, "He wants me dead Rose."

"He wants them more," she said pointing at the two behind them.

"I can't do this. You give them to him he'll have mercy on you, but I need to get out of here," he rushed out.

"Hey. What are we," Rose said grabbing his face in her hands. If anyone who didn't know what was going on walked in they would think the two were a couple.

"We're family.... forever," he replied taking deep breaths. His statement of 'family forever' reminded her of the man she hated but was still in love with.

A loud knock drew Ana out of her thoughts and made her look at the two older vampires. "You're scared" Elena realised. Diana smirked at them.

"Stay here and don't make a sound" Rose ordered making Diana scoff. Lound footsteps approached and Elena cowered behind Diana who stood tall and defiant. Her breath hitched as she saw the man who was like a brother to her standing in the doorway wearing a black suit. He stared at her in shock not even seeing the doppelganger. He sped towards her and stopped in front.

"Ana," he said in disbelief.

Diana flashed a small smile at the old nickname, "Hey 'Lijah."

Authors note
Hello, lovelies. (Ana and Diana are the same person) Please read my other books if you like Finnick Odair or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway, thank you for reading.